?'s on 3" lift kits ...

Dopey84

Aside from the suspension components what all would I be looking at having change.. On 07' Jku Sahara running 33's , automatic

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Not trying to discourage you, but that's a lot of lift for 33" tires. I would go with a level kit, evo or Rancho 2" sport, even a spacer kit.
But to answer your question, depending on what components that are included, maybe a front drive shaft, and possibly a front drag link flip kit to correct steering. Longer brake lines.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431942497.539782.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431942532.799181.jpg
This is 35s on a JKS 2" lift (3 inches of actual lift). I'd have to agree, an advertised 3" lift is too much for 33s. I ran a leveling kit with 33s on my 2 door and that worked well.

I agree the jk swallows tires. I feel like my 35s are not enough for 3" lift lol. Somethin like the Evo level would be perfect for 33s.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
so a budge boost might not verse a lift with arms? when/why?

Shock length is the ultimate factor. If you put the same shocks on a stock spring and a 3" spring your droop will be the same. With the stock spring your cool will just unseat if the shock is too long.

Correct me if I'm wrong but more spring equals more travel/articulation

The coil is really just gonna determine ride height. Aka the room between the chassis and tub. Like overlander said, while your coil length plays a part, its your shock that ultimately determines your travel

Then when you add bumpstops to the mix, your goal is max up and down travel, without bottoming the coil/shock. Also not so much droop that your coil falls out as said above

Dopey84

Ok so I'm set I think I'm gonna go with the Evo hd 2" leveling kit from north ridge it looks like it just comes with the coils for the front and spacers for the back... My question is will I need relocation brackets for my brake lines with this kit or is the length from the stock location good since it's only 2" kit.... Also I'm looking at using my stock shocks for the time being is the length on them gonna be ok with this kit? Any info helps thanks

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Ok so I'm set I think I'm gonna go with the Evo hd 2" leveling kit from north ridge it looks like it just comes with the coils for the front and spacers for the back... My question is will I need relocation brackets for my brake lines with this kit or is the length from the stock location good since it's only 2" kit.... Also I'm looking at using my stock shocks for the time being is the length on them gonna be ok with this kit? Any info helps thanks

You'll have the same travel with factory shocks. Brake lines are fine until you get longer shocks.

Dopey84

With this kit will I have a noticeable change in appearance over stock? And it comes with the Evo plush coils will the ride quality improve or be worse than stock?

With this kit will I have a noticeable change in appearance over stock? And it comes with the Evo plush coils will the ride quality improve or be worse than stock?

I think its pretty noticeable. Especially the front. Itll look good. Ride is pretty subjective, but the plush rides are softer (more plush if you will lol) than stock. I love how they ride.

Dopey84

Does this lift completely level out the rake as well with no aftermarket additional weight added to it? Or even with added weight...?

Dopey84

Is anyone running the Evo had leveling kit with 2" coils and 3/4 rear spacers?? If so how much actual lift did you get off of it and pics if you got them please...

Napalm

Is anyone running the Evo had leveling kit with 2" coils and 3/4 rear spacers?? If so how much actual lift did you get off of it and pics if you got them please...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432233966.435035.jpg

I got quite a bit out of the front but after a couple of months my springs settled and brought me down to a level Stance.

Top Bottom