LED lights

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I was reading up on the LED lights for the jeep and how it can set off the light on the dash and mess with the CANBUS system but I want some opinions.

I want to replace dome light, tail light, reverse lights, and license plate lights. Who has done it and what have you found?

I may be able to get a deal if anyone else is interested. Waiting to hear the price though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Skirmish said:
You should be okay if you run the ground back to the battery.

The lights were plug and play. So basically I was planning to replace dome light, reverse lights, brake lights and license plate lights. There won't be a ground to run to the battery.

Holeshot

Banned
You should be okay if you run the ground back to the battery.

Well, don't know if you have any knowledge in automotive electrical system, but, routing a wire to the battery won't change anything.

Just to explain quickly, your Batt is grounded to your body via wire. Every grounds of your vehicule electrical system is grounded to the body, which is the conductor to the battery terminal screwed on the body.

So, It's a waste of time to route a wire to the battery when the only thing you have to do is to either, use the oem harness, or ground a short wire to the body.

t.l.harris

Ground

Just wanted to add to OverlanderJK's statement. He is absolutely correct, however you need to remove as much paint as possible on the body where you attach the wire. If you do not do this you may get a intermittent ground.

2010 JK

I have replaced my interior lights with Regular LEDs. I have had no problems. I was also going to replace all my exterior running lamps with LEDs. I am also wondering If I need the canbus LEDs.

Jersey_Devil

My buddy has a 2012 2door Sahara and he just went full led except the brake lights and gets no dash warning except for the blinkers only cause we didn't install the resistors to make em stop blinking fast and once we install have resistors we will change the taillights too

Md_rubi

All my lights are led except for the headlights and I didn't have to do anything special. The head lights will be swapped out when I do my hemi swap

Top Bottom