3.8l Ripp Supercharger JK (2 Door) Exhaust

oGKevin

Wave from the East Coast!

I'm purchasing a supercharged 3.8l from a member on here and I didn't ask him about the exhaust. I was hoping you guys could help me.

Is it absolutely necessary to upgrade the exhaust? I plan on doing it, I figure doing it all at once would make the most sense.

Can anyone recommend certain exhaust systems for a 2007 2 door wrangler? Dynomax has a million part numbers and it seems like most of them are for 4 doors. I really like the high clearance, I'm not looking for anything that replaces the location of the stock muffler.

I really appreciate the help!

Brankz

I'm purchasing a supercharged 3.8l from a member on here and I didn't ask him about the exhaust. I was hoping you guys could help me.

Is it absolutely necessary to upgrade the exhaust? I plan on doing it, I figure doing it all at once would make the most sense.

Can anyone recommend certain exhaust systems for a 2007 2 door wrangler? Dynomax has a million part numbers and it seems like most of them are for 4 doors. I really like the high clearance, I'm not looking for anything that replaces the location of the stock muffler.

I really appreciate the help!

Why don't you ask him?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Your buying the charger setup? or motor? or whole jeep? I run the dynomax rockcrawler cuz I needed the rear exit past the bumper, but from what I understand a little trimming of the center pipe and the high clearance fits the 2 door well. If you really want it to sound more exotic you can run headers as well which prolly help with the "performance". A ex member on here was running headers with his setup and it was kind of annoying on the trail but sounded good.

TheLloyd

I'm purchasing a supercharged 3.8l from a member on here and I didn't ask him about the exhaust. I was hoping you guys could help me...

Are you wanting to know if you need to upgrade the exhaust because it has the Supercharger? If so, no. The exhaust isn't going to cause you any problems. If you do go with a aftermarket exhaust running lbs of boost, you might see a small increase in hp and torque, but really the best gain you'll get is the sound at WOT.

Have fun.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
To clarify: Can someone recommend exhausts for a 2007 2 door JK with a 3.8l?

Dynomax is what I would run, either rock crawler with rear exit or the comp one which is pre axle depending on your local requirements for exhausts. Both sound great on the 3.8 :thumb: and are cheap :thumb:

xx-LSD-xx

To clarify: Can someone recommend exhausts for a 2007 2 door JK with a 3.8l?

AFE High Truck 2.5" Cat Back exhaust. It's what I run on my 2011 2dr.

No welding,cutting or modification. Very happy with mine and everything is up and out of the way.

oGKevin

Dynomax is what I would run, either rock crawler with rear exit or the comp one which is pre axle depending on your local requirements for exhausts. Both sound great on the 3.8 :thumb: and are cheap :thumb:

Thanks! This is the exact answer I was looking for. I believe I need a muffler and that's about it, any chance you could provide a part number for it? Im not too worried about inspection as I am about a great sound and clearance

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks! This is the exact answer I was looking for. I believe I need a muffler and that's about it, any chance you could provide a part number for it? Im not too worried about inspection as I am about a great sound and clearance

Not sure if dynomax listed it in the vendor section, and I dont know the number off hand but they will sell just the muffler thats used in the kits guys are running around here. Could always just pm or call them and they can tell you.

Top Bottom