Evo Aluminum Corners/Rock Skins

EZ-E

So, a delivery truck backed into my jeep while it was sitting in my driveway. Did some minimal damage to my driver side fender, not enough for me to want to fix it. They cut me a $900 check and was thinking of putting that towards some Corners and Rock Skins. I already have the Evo Low Angle Rock Sliders. My Jeep is black and was thinking of trying out the raw aluminum look. Is there anything I need to do to the aluminum before I mount them? Like a clearcoat or something. If I do decide to paint them, can I just use regular rattle can paint on them? Never worked with aluminum armor before so looking for some advice.

Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would imagine that you could just bolt them up and go as is. But, like you, I don't have much experience with aluminum armor so I'd be interested to see what others have to say.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It'll be fine. When it starts looking like shit, hit with some 0000 steel whool or scotch-bright pad.

sapco76

With aluminum you could put them on and go. If you use clear coat it'll eventually flake off and leave annoying little spots everywhere. You could always polish the aluminum but, that's a pain in the ass to maintain

utiadam

LOSER
When I got my aluminum rear corners they were are little too rough looking for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I've seen much worse. The poison spyder aluminum light bar brackets looked so much worse initially. I did actually lot of wet sanding to the panels. If you look down the side of my jeep it's possible to mistake them as being color match painted to my billet silver.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432182523.782276.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432182563.133007.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432182605.584954.jpg
Here are my light bar brackets after being polished but are still bare aluminum
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432182660.712444.jpg

EZ-E

When I got my aluminum rear corners they were are little too rough looking for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I've seen much worse. The poison spyder aluminum light bar brackets looked so much worse initially. I did actually lot of wet sanding to the panels. If you look down the side of my jeep it's possible to mistake them as being color match painted to my billet.

Good to know, I actually got the idea looking at your build thread. Your Jeep looks sick! Thanks for chiming in.

Top Bottom