I am a Forum Messiah here to save you from yourselves and the fanboy-fest

thardy

Banned
I had no idea the amount of drama that surrounds Jeeps!

Any time you're involved with something where opinions are involved, there will always be drama. Especially when it's a hobby or lifestyle that its participants are as passionate as we Jeepers are.

choosingtangent

I get it...

Any time you're involved with something where opinions are involved, there will always be drama. Especially when it's a hobby or lifestyle that its participants are as passionate as we Jeepers are.

I get it... I get it... I was just being a wise ass when I expressed surprise at the drama

I see it like this...
Eddie/Wayalife run a business and that business is a web based forum. What is a forum? By definition... a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Since the forum requires a login which is basically "approval" to participate; and a person can have their ability to participate revoked by the moderator or body granting permission to participate... it is not so much an open public forum. It is more like a club. Not saying that is necessarily bad or wrong, everyone likes to belong.

Most of the Jeep and 4X4 forums can be great sources of information based on peoples experiences and opinions. Know this, unless you are a recognized expert on a certain subject, it is just opinion until you can provide factual proof. Folks need to decide for themselves if they value the opinions and advice. It is always best when the opinions and advice are fair, fact based and impartial, but we all know, humans struggle with that bit. I will put it out there that the moderator of any forum ideally should be like a judge. "A judge should not allow family, social, political, financial, or other relationships to influence conduct or judgment."

It would be fantastic to find a site that is dedicated to what all of us are passionate about (Jeeps) that follows the model of Consumer Reports.... Unconstrained by advertising or other commercial influences. The rub is that you would need to pay to support that site, and these forums are all for the most part free. People like free almost as much as they like giving opinions.

I personally don't know what Eddie does or how he conducts himself with regards to vendors and manufacturers, nor do I care. He seems like a good guy who loves what we all love, but I don't know him personally. I would guess that the majority of folks on here don't know Eddie personally... and before you get all riled up, just because you have met a person once or twice does not mean you know them, it means only that you have met them. SO, not knowing Eddie, my assessment that he seems like a "good guy" is just that at this point... my opinion.

When a person attacks, monitor the situation. Does the claim have ANY merit? and i mean any. Has favor been given to someone who has provided compensation in any way? Has a negative opinion or comment been posted regarding a party that refused promotional consideration? A honest evaluation of the claim being made against you is the prudent course of action. Full disclosure is always the best policy. Why should anyone be afraid to say that they received promotional consideration? If that is the price of admission, then so be it. I would love folks to give me parts, discounts or services in exchange for a mention or positive review. Thew other side of the coin is that I also know that I cannot then present myself as totally unbiased with regards to that product or service.

As I said earlier, Eddie seems like a nice guy. He makes cool videos, loves his Jeeps and runs a decent site, which I enjoy. I am sure that he is fine without everyone jumping up to defend his honor. I can say with confidence that ANYONE engaging in internet battles just comes off as petty. That is fact. Be above it. it is not defending your honor, or the honor of others. It is playground behavior. Eddie is a big boy and he can address any claims made against him personally or Wayalife howevr he sees fit. It is his site.

Now enjoy your Jeep! (and I hate the word "Jeeper")

thardy

Banned
I get it... I get it... I was just being a wise ass when I expressed surprise at the drama

I see it like this...
Eddie/Wayalife run a business and that business is a web based forum. What is a forum? By definition... a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Since the forum requires a login which is basically "approval" to participate; and a person can have their ability to participate revoked by the moderator or body granting permission to participate... it is not so much an open public forum. It is more like a club. Not saying that is necessarily bad or wrong, everyone likes to belong.

Most of the Jeep and 4X4 forums can be great sources of information based on peoples experiences and opinions. Know this, unless you are a recognized expert on a certain subject, it is just opinion until you can provide factual proof. Folks need to decide for themselves if they value the opinions and advice. It is always best when the opinions and advice are fair, fact based and impartial, but we all know, humans struggle with that bit. I will put it out there that the moderator of any forum ideally should be like a judge. "A judge should not allow family, social, political, financial, or other relationships to influence conduct or judgment."

It would be fantastic to find a site that is dedicated to what all of us are passionate about (Jeeps) that follows the model of Consumer Reports.... Unconstrained by advertising or other commercial influences. The rub is that you would need to pay to support that site, and these forums are all for the most part free. People like free almost as much as they like giving opinions.

I personally don't know what Eddie does or how he conducts himself with regards to vendors and manufacturers, nor do I care. He seems like a good guy who loves what we all love, but I don't know him personally. I would guess that the majority of folks on here don't know Eddie personally... and before you get all riled up, just because you have met a person once or twice does not mean you know them, it means only that you have met them. SO, not knowing Eddie, my assessment that he seems like a "good guy" is just that at this point... my opinion.

When a person attacks, monitor the situation. Does the claim have ANY merit? and i mean any. Has favor been given to someone who has provided compensation in any way? Has a negative opinion or comment been posted regarding a party that refused promotional consideration? A honest evaluation of the claim being made against you is the prudent course of action. Full disclosure is always the best policy. Why should anyone be afraid to say that they received promotional consideration? If that is the price of admission, then so be it. I would love folks to give me parts, discounts or services in exchange for a mention or positive review. Thew other side of the coin is that I also know that I cannot then present myself as totally unbiased with regards to that product or service.

As I said earlier, Eddie seems like a nice guy. He makes cool videos, loves his Jeeps and runs a decent site, which I enjoy. I am sure that he is fine without everyone jumping up to defend his honor. I can say with confidence that ANYONE engaging in internet battles just comes off as petty. That is fact. Be above it. it is not defending your honor, or the honor of others. It is playground behavior. Eddie is a big boy and he can address any claims made against him personally or Wayalife howevr he sees fit. It is his site.

Well that was a slightly longer winded response than I was expecting...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I see it like this...

Check your meds, they need adjusted

choosingtangent

Went off on a tangent there.

I like the original intent of the thread, but it quickly descends in to insults and people saying anyone who does not like Wayalife or Eddie is an asshat or has shitty product. Like I said, the original intent was interesting... just be came a fanboy-fest. Its kinda creepy in a way, but to each his own

choosingtangent

And there it is. After some of your recent posts, I've been waiting for it to go here.

You seem to have a problem with how we conduct ourselves here, so go ahead and tell us how you really feel.

I feel neither one way or the other because I don't personally know any of you. Just sitting back observing and it is entertaining as can be. I never said a word about how you conduct yourselves and certainly never called anyone an asshole.

Looks like the pot has officially been stirred, which i knew was whole point after reading the ten paragraph post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom