VIDEO : How Differential Gear Work

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to believe that is excellent video was actually a film tutorial made back in the 1930's. There really is none that I've ever found that do a better job of explaining and showing in great detail how differentials work. Check it out.

:cool:

GCM 2

ChrisB said:
what was it like watching this in the theater back in the day? Very cool video, thanks for sharing

Chris, going to the moving picture show when we were in our teens was quite an event. Heck, some of us even rode in with our dates on horseback. Those were special times during the Great Depression, a penny for entrance to see such technologies meant I had to whitewash an extra fence that week to have the spare money.

Back on topic, the video is the best out there. In fact it's probably the only one people refer to on any forum to help others understand. I even remember watching this in a Vocational/Technical school I attended in the early eighties for general automotive repair and high performance engine building.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I just learned so much by watching that video. Thanks for posting it Eddie. Now where can I buy that soundtrack? ;)

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Great film, if you didn't understand how a DIF. worked, you will now! Great post Eddie!:thumb:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Very easy to understand. Don't think I'll try a replacement on the trail yet. FYI, The Victor Mclaglen Motorcycle Drill Team in the opening part of the video still exists. A couple of the riders were probably in the video. Just kidding. Saw their show in Laughlin in 1996 and the oldest rider was 72 years old. Some of us who ride know 3-5 mph is tough solo, but with folks hanging all over you it's very difficult.:beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is a great video! I have seen it before and am still amazed that it is the best video out there being 80 years old.

jkjurny

How Differentials Work - Video

I saw this online and thought it was an awesome explanation. Sorry if someone else already posted this.

Top Bottom