tail gate table

Mdeeq

im considering a tail gate folding table. Anyone have any experience, opinions, reviews, experience with these? Im sort of liking the TailGater available from Rebel, but there appear to be several viable candidates, some for quite a few less buckaroos. Primary concern would be rattle free, prefer but not absolute no drill install, ease of use, etc. appreciate thoughts and opinions etc.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I went with the Rock-Slide Engineering Trail Table.......the two tier table comes powder coated as well.....prices vary from vendor to vendor $159-$199......I got mine from Morris4x4 locally.....

~Woodrow~

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have the evo one. Solid as a rock. But I've been admiring the outback one. I think mtg just got one. Really nice.

Attachments

• 1432222106184.jpg
    1432222106184.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 1432222125730.jpg
    1432222125730.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 429

Mdeeq

yep

like every aftermarket thingy, there are good features to every one of these posted. thanks. I like the two tier unit and the extra depth. the evo unit just plain looks good and solid, and, you can pout it in with the table high or low....dont know if thats good or not...... with the Outback MTG, do you find it stable when you press down on the extended cutting board? it almost looks like the bent metal that holds that in place could bend out and make it loose.....

thanks everyone for the quick response and the great pics. ill try to post once I've got 'er installed.

dunstan74

I have the evo table and its great no rattles and soild but you do need to do some drilling to install it.

Wardell

I'm planning to get this one from Springtail Solutions. It's slotted, so you can put MOLLE pouches on it for extra storage. I might see if I can add piece of wood or some kind of cutting board material so it would have a better surface to work on when it's open. It can also be installed without any drilling, but I might drill it so I don't have to worry about how much I have packed into the pouches (they'll probably have my recovery gear, tool, etc packed into them).

Kind of funny, the first thing I bought even before I owned a personal JK, was the EVO table and still haven't installed it. It has something to do with hatred towards Nutserts. :icon_crazy:

asteve

Yes...I know...old thread...but...

Here's my install of the Springtail Table...the addition of a custom cutting board is essential to the use of the entire table without any issues from the molle straps...no drilling what so ever to install.

IMG_4093.jpg IMG_4095.jpg IMG_4096.jpg IMG_4098.jpg IMG_4099.jpg IMG_4101.jpg

Last edited:

Evil

asteve, where did you pick the table up at? I was going to go with a smittybuilt gear tailgate cover to hold their small bag and my maxpedition bags but your set up seems like a better and more useful route.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
asteve, where did you pick the table up at? I was going to go with a smittybuilt gear tailgate cover to hold their small bag and my maxpedition bags but your set up seems like a better and more useful route.

Springtail Solutions. I have the same table and am very happy with it.

TheFett

I still want one of these, but cant decide on which one I want.

I'm with you hinrichs, still not sure which way to go here myself! But man Sharkey....that is nice, but kinda diggin the asteve one too from M-PAC! Oh man Christmas is gonna be fun this year! :daydream:

greggnj

Yes...I know...old thread...but...

Here's my install of the Springtail Table...the addition of a custom cutting board is essential to the use of the entire table without any issues from the molle straps...no drilling what so ever to install.

View attachment 173974

That looks good. What did you use to make the cutting board? Any rattling or is it quiet?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm with you hinrichs, still not sure which way to go here myself! But man Sharkey....that is nice, but kinda diggin the asteve one too from M-PAC! Oh man Christmas is gonna be fun this year! :daydream:

The M-PAC and the Springtail Solutions are the same thing...same company.

Top Bottom