Rustoleum or Krylon/ Duplicolor

bkac

Caught the Bug
So basically that's just it! which rattle - can works the best? Looking at Satin black! Opinions?

I've noticed that Rustoleum seems thicker and shinier but the Krylon spray is much better and is thinner...
Wonder which is actually better.
I believe Krylon and Duplicolor is owned by the same company so I'm "assuming" it's probably basically the same paint.

Napalm

I just did my bumper in Rustoleum Semi-Gloss black and finished with a clear.

I'm no Picasso but I think it turned out okay. Dries quick, lays on well and sticks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432233123.932045.jpg

I've always heard Rustoleum is better for metal. But that may or may not be true!

Spudcannons

I got some high temp roll bar/ chassis paint at advanced auto that went on nice and drys in 5 min and allows for 15 min in between coats. Rustoleum bedliner is nice as well but can be a bit annoying because of the texture particles causing slightly inconsistent spray patterns.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What I had found with the rustoleum is one should scuff with a coarser grit than recommended. i was happy with the product and will have to refinish my tail light guards and fuel door. I had painted them and they lasted from 2011 to a few months ago when I took them off. Had them for sale and going to just refinish with same and re-install.

Napalm

I got some high temp roll bar/ chassis paint at advanced auto that went on nice and drys in 5 min and allows for 15 min in between coats. Rustolium bedliner is nice as well but can be a bit annoying because of the texture particles causing slightly inconsistent spray patterns.

That's one of the reasons I just did mine. I hated the fact the Bedliner was fading and just looked flat. I took some 80 grit and stripped the Bedliner, sanded down the bumper and then did 4 coats of the Semi-Gloss black.

Kyle09Rubi

So basically that's just it! which rattle - can works the best? Looking at Satin black! Opinions?

I've noticed that Rustoleum seems thicker and shinier but the Krylon spray is much better and is thinner...
Wonder which is actually better.
I believe Krylon and Duplicolor is owned by the same company so I'm "assuming" it's probably basically the same paint.

I am not a fan of the Rustoleum Professional series paint (silver cans) as the high output tip just seems to "blast" paint out everywhere. I picked up a duplicolor product at Advance Auto and seemed to get a much more uniform spray that was considerably easier to cover large areas with. I don't think it was a brand issue as much as a tip output issue.

020066200756lg.jpg

Top Bottom