Axel Swap

CharlieK

It's kind of a long story but, bottom line is this. I can swap my Dana 44's, 5 lug wheels and 5k for a set of the new Dana 60's and 8 lug wheels similar to what I have now. Both axels are locked and geared the same. The 60's have about 100 miles on them. I know these are new and not many real life reviews on them. The wheeling I do is in Florida, and by no means is hard wheeling, however 5 year plan has me out west. This deal make sense or is the better option just wait & save for the prorock and have all this done when I get out west. I guess the real question is will a Dana 44' with Evo's C's running 37's hold up to Florida wheeling.

noroad

It's kind of a long story but, bottom line is this. I can swap my Dana 44's, 5 lug wheels and 5k for a set of the new Dana 60's and 8 lug wheels similar to what I have now. Both axels are locked and geared the same. The 60's have about 100 miles on them. I know these are new and not many real life reviews on them. The wheeling I do is in Florida, and by no means is hard wheeling, however 5 year plan has me out west. This deal make sense or is the better option just wait & save for the prorock and have all this done when I get out west. I guess the real question is will a Dana 44' with Evo's C's running 37's hold up to Florida wheeling.

the 44 should hold up just fine on 37s.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Not to many people have them so not many review other than initial impressions.

Why is the person already getting rid of them?

It is nice that your steering components are supposed to work with the U60s.

I think that either would work for FL wheeling.

CharlieK

Not to many people have them so not many review other than initial impressions.

Why is the person already getting rid of them?

It is nice that your steering components are supposed to work with the U60s.

I think that either would work for FL wheeling.

They are having some family issues and are looking for some quick cash. Probably makes better sense to spend any extra money on suspension up grades at this point.

K.D.C.H

It's kind of a long story but, bottom line is this. I can swap my Dana 44's, 5 lug wheels and 5k for a set of the new Dana 60's and 8 lug wheels similar to what I have now. Both axels are locked and geared the same.

Not that long of a story but here you go, consider the wheels an even for even trade so they kinda cancel themselves out so basically you're talking you're 44's + $5k for a set of Dana60's. Figure out what yours are worth, figure out what the 60's are worth and if the difference is more than $5k then it's a good deal.

The 60's have about 100 miles on them. I know these are new and not many real life reviews on them.

I'd be more curious as to why they are selling them after only 100 miles.

This deal make sense or is the better option just wait & save for the prorock and have all this done when I get out west.

Personally I'd rather go for the tried and true PR's over a set of axels that are more unknown

I guess the real question is will a Dana 44' with Evo's C's running 37's hold up to Florida wheeling.

The geographical location of the 44's has no bearing on weather or not they will last with 37's. They can last as long or break just as quick from coast to coast. There are a lot of people running 37's on 44 and they do just fine.

Long story short, I'd save that $5k and out it towards the ProRocks. Run you're 44's until there's an issue and then upgrade.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
They are having some family issues and are looking for some quick cash. Probably makes better sense to spend any extra money on suspension up grades at this point.

That's never good to hear. Best of luck to them with their issues.

CharlieK

Personally I'd rather go for the tried and true PR's over a set of axels that are more unknown .

Thanks for the input, I think this does make the most sense, all I have read and seen about the PR's there is no doubt they are the best option.

Top Bottom