what increased performance to expect?

Hi all

I have a bone stock Sahara 2012 4 doors. When the stock tires that is more or less a regular street tire will be worn out I will put on bf goodrich all terain t/a ko2 tires and at same time jump up to 33" ( 275/18/70 )

How much more capable will the jeep be with just the new tires? what to expect?

I´ve also ordered lod rockrails that will hopefully be shipped in the near future. I understand that rock rails in them self will not increase capability but with them you can be a little more brave.

I´m also waiting for a budget boost to arrive in the mailbox. 1,75" in front and 0,75 inch in the rear.

So, this small lift, those 33" tires and some protection, how is that compared to a stock jeep?

Will these kind of lift really make it more capable? What happens to flex if you disconnect the swaybar. I mean, with a budget lift you just lower the coil and lose the same amount of spare in the shock. So, will you lose some flex with a budget lift and actually decrease performance in some circumstances? I will gain breakover angle and can drive over a little bigger obstacles with the tires but how about flex?

Best regards

Christian

Spudcannons

Hi all

I have a bone stock Sahara 2012 4 doors. When the stock tires that is more or less a regular street tire will be worn out I will put on bf goodrich all terain t/a ko2 tires and at same time jump up to 33" ( 275/18/70 )

How much more capable will the jeep be with just the new tires? what to expect?

I´ve also ordered lod rockrails that will hopefully be shipped in the near future. I understand that rock rails in them self will not increase capability but with them you can be a little more brave.

I´m also waiting for a budget boost to arrive in the mailbox. 1,75" in front and 0,75 inch in the rear.

So, this small lift, those 33" tires and some protection, how is that compared to a stock jeep?

Will these kind of lift really make it more capable? What happens to flex if you disconnect the swaybar. I mean, with a budget lift you just lower the coil and lose the same amount of spare in the shock. So, will you lose some flex with a budget lift and actually decrease performance in some circumstances? I will gain breakover angle and can drive over a little bigger obstacles with the tires but how about flex?

Best regards

Christian

It will definitely help. But not much with the breakover angel, I drag my belly on everything with 35" tires and 4" of lift. Get skids galore. I don't think you would save much money going 33" over 35" and doing a bit more lift like a 2.5 RK stock mod or EVO leveling kit and trimming the fenders. Also I would do some swaybar disco's. A budge boost really just allows bigger tires not flex, as some members have told me the flex is usually limited by shock length. the disco's add flex until something limits it like shocks and make a big difference but watch your fenders!

It is not so much to save money I do not go bigger. Love my jeep and use it everyday as a dd. Also my wife use it and we got three kids and a huge dog so a super jeep with big tyres and a big lift will in a way make the jeep less apealing to us. Thing is that in sweden we do not even have trails and places to go to really use the jeep as a 4x4 machine is limited, really limited with only one exeption and that is some ocasional 4x4 meeting now and then in a closed small area.

I´m more like a guy who likes to drive far away and enjoy the sceenery with the top down. Not a smal sandbox limited area even thou that can also be great fun.

However, sooner or later I will pit on a real lift with coils, shocks and everthing but probely still only 2" and 33" tires. Been looking on the all new mopar 2" lift with front driveshaft. Maybee not the best or most bang for the buck but one thing to realize is that it is very expensive to import stuff from usa to sweden and a lot of all the nice lift you got in the states I must import myself. The mopar lift kit I can get from jeep delars here.

The LOD rockrails I ordered a month ago cost me 1250 us dollars to get here. Later on I will order the evo tech 3 piece armor but as you can understand it will cost me nearly twice as much as for you gays in the states.

BlackHawk08jk

On 33s and a leveling kit I used to drag my belly all the time. That being said other than that it performed very well.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
The tires will help especially over bald stock Sahara tires. It's free to disconnect your swaybar and will help with articulation. Just disconnecting it without a quick disco is a pain. The BB sometimes limits your performance and may have worse on road manners.

As your jeep sits stock it is very capable for what you intend to do with it... Scenic drives with the kids and dog.

I don't appreciate the comment about us gays in the states ! Lol

Spudcannons

If the parts are so expensive to import you may want to look into fabricating some yourself. My 85lb German Shepherd has no issues driving right in on my 4" lift on 35"s. The kids could be an issue but if there are no serious trails you should do some skid plates and wait on the rest to see what is lacking. Like 2cross said a stock jeep is still a very capable vehicle.

Top Bottom