Found this in my tire.

egralia

So I was driving on the highway in Miami and I heard my tire go flat. I pulled over and saw a nice hole in my tire. When I took the jeep to Goodyear to get fix they found a metal object inside. I'm trying to figure out what is it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386664.867236.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386675.307655.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
My wife's car just got totaled because she could not avoid a piece of metal. crushed lower front cross member, ac, ripped oil pan, gas tank, oil pump, and crushed exhaust.

David1tontj

So I was driving on the highway in Miami and I heard my tire go flat. I pulled over and saw a nice hole in my tire. When I took the jeep to Goodyear to get fix they found a metal object inside. I'm trying to figure out what is it. View attachment 144711 View attachment 144712

That's a caliper slide pin. Exact same as the one off my front Dana 60. It came off a 90's Ford F-350.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432388562.296383.jpg

Can't find a pic of mine, but in the lower left of this pic, you can see the v notch that it slides into. There are two little bumps on each end of it that are supposed to hold it in. I carry spares but have never had a problem. I just don't like the design.

XJWilson's

That sucks, where they able to fix the tire? It looks like a big hole. That is a mid 80's to mid 90's Ford Truck caliper slide pin. I saw a lot of them come in to the shop missing. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432388992.990799.jpg

XJWilson's

That's a caliper slide pin. Exact same as the one off my front Dana 60. It came off a 90's Ford F-350.

View attachment 144718

Can't find a pic of mine, but in the lower left of this pic, you can see the v notch that it slides into. There are two little bumps on each end of it that are supposed to hold it in. I carry spares but have never had a problem. I just don't like the design.

You beat me to it.

Last edited:

XJWilson's

Yep it does a number to a wheel. They only come out if they were installed incorrectly or if you reuse the old ones when doing a brake job.

Top Bottom