OME Track bar bracket POS

CoryB

I've spent the last two hours hammering, beating, cussing and throwing things trying to get the rear trackbar bracket installed for my 2" OME lift. It came with the kit so I figured I should use it.

The $%&@*!% add-on bracket doesn't quite allow the holes to line up with the stock bracket. I can get one hole lined up but that shifts the bracket so the other hole is offset about 1/8" and won't let the bolt go through. Prying, clamping, etc. don't work.

So, being the intelligent person I am, I tapered the end of the bolt. And I finally got the bolt through both ends of the bracket.

Now I find that, when I use the washers as specified by OME, the bolt is too short to allow the nut to thread on properly. :doh:

I ran into the same problem with the OME lift on my wife's TJ too, but I had a bolt that would fit that. Stupidly I thought it was a one-time problem but I'm seeing a pattern with the OME lifts now...

SO... who makes an adjustable rear trackbar that won't hit other parts of the suspension/drivetrain that will work with the OME 2" lift? I'll probably end up getting a front trackbar at some point too so one vendor who makes both would be great.

Thanks! And have an enjoyable Memorial Day. Be sure to thank an Active or Retired Military for being able to enjoy the day.

davantalus

Can't help you out, but I can commiserate. I helped a buddy with his OME trackbar bracket, and nothing fit quite right. We attributed it to component bending from medium(?) duty crawling.

Every time we ran into a snag my gut reaction was "Drill it out!"

Could you find another (longer) bolt at the hardware store?

YJ_Tom

I had a similar issue with a rancho bracket. I ended up ordering a jks adjustable rear trackbar. Seems high quality to me. The price was right and Amazon got it to my door in two days.

TheDuff

Track bar bracket is not a nessesity at 2" of lift. Would it be best to have one to correct the roll center? Sure, but perfectly drivable with out. I would also advise a well made axle side bracket over the frame side variants

Top Bottom