November 25th - Eagle Rock - Colorado Springs area

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Sunday November 25th, my Brother will be in town and I wanted to run an easy trail. Planning on Eagle Rock. Anyone else want to tag along with us? We'll meet at The Home Depot at 8:00 AM and leave at 8:15. Who's up for some fun?

Information on the trail:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=39

Meet at the Home Depot in the parking lot by turning right on Southgate into the shopping area on Lake Avenue. Those coming from the Denver area might want to meet on exit 184 off of I-25 at the Conoco gas station to the west of the highway.

From Denver, take I-25 south through Colorado Springs to take the Circle Drive exit at the south end of town (exit 138). Circle Drive becomes Lake Avenue as you follow it west. The road ends at the Broadmoor Hotel and a traffic circle. Follow the circle around to take a left turn and follow the road around to the left (south) side of the hotel. The road will then turn into Old Stage Road as you head west into the mountains. Continue on Old Stage Road until it turns into Gold Camp Road. The Eagle Rock trailhead is 13.7 miles down this graded dirt road, with the Saran Wrap entrance just past the Eagle Rock trailhead on the right.

Top Bottom