Need Help with lift!!!

JKLIFE

Hey everyone! Need some help... I got the green light from The Wife on lifting my 2007 JKU. With all the excitement I'm stuck on which lift to get. I'm gonna be running 35X12.50 17R. I've narrowed it diwn to 2 options. Teraflex 3inch lift or the BDS 3 inch lift. It's my daily driver but I do wanna go play offroad and have a good set up. PLEASE HELP!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
of the two, i would get the TF kit but, you should know that it'll yield you over 4" of lift.

Donny

of the two, i would get the TF kit but, you should know that it'll yield you over 4" of lift.

So does that mean he will HAVE to regear and add a new driveshaft and spacers? Or is that only for 2012 and newer? :thinking:

Donny

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So does that mean he will HAVE to regear and add a new driveshaft and spacers? Or is that only for 2012 and newer? :thinking:

Donny

i'm sorry, i don't recall ever saying anything about lift height requiring a regear. bigger tires may make you want to regear if you're running a ratio that is too low but, on a 2012 or newer, more times than not, you can get away without regearing.

as far as front drive shafts go, i would say it is a must with that much lift on a 2012 JK regardless if it is an auto or manual. on a 2007-11, it will be required if you have an auto and if you have a 2-door, you will need one in the rear as well. if you have an 07-11 manual, you can get by with the factory front shaft. exhaust spacers are kind of a waste as they will not address your cv angle.

JKLIFE

wayoflife said:

So should I look at just getting a 4inch lift on my 07 JKU?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So should I look at just getting a 4inch lift on my 07 JKU?

if it were me, i would be looking at a truer 3" lift. the TF 2.5" kit will give you that as well as kits made by other companies. a 4" TF kit will yield you over 5" and that is WAY TOO MUCH for just 35" tires.

Top Bottom