Wrangler Wre-do

mattsat

Hey everyone! I'm looking to purchase my first JKUR before the end of the year and I was seeking some build advice to start saving money. I know many of you have either gone through an entire build or maybe even 2 and could really give me some great feedback. If you could do it all over again, what would be the first three mods you would do to your rig?

Hey everyone! I'm looking to purchase my first JKUR before the end of the year and I was seeking some build advice to start saving money. I know many of you have either gone through an entire build or maybe even 2 and could really give me some great feedback. If you could do it all over again, what would be the first three mods you would do to your rig?

First 3 mods? Before you start modding I really think you should try this one simple trick before you swipe your card:
TAKE IT OFFROAD

Learn about your Jeep! Learn how to use lockers (if equipped), learn how to use front sway bar discos (if equipped), and learn about your transfer case ranges. Learn how to air down your tires for aided traction. Learn learn learn.

Far too often people buy mods without realizing if they had simply hit the trail first they could have purchased something far more useful to them. Cut your teeth on a trail and learn your limits. You may realize you don't need something right away that sounds super popular.

But, to answer your question, I suggest your first 3 mods are:
  1. Tow strap
  2. Map of your local wheeling areas
  3. Full tank of gas

jmsuitter

Drive it stock enjoy a few local areas. Nothing more important then becoming comfortable with your abilities and capabilities of vehicle.

Several additions or mods that may be beneficial depending on you that would suggest are

Snatch strap and recovery equipment. Nothing to fancy needed a couple of D rings and a snatch strap I use ARB

Cut fenders if you like the look

Evo leveling kit to get rid of rake if you want something before that lift

A CB setup

Pull handles

thardy

Banned
The Rockhard 4x4 guys said it perfectly. I spent some unnecessary $ when building mine. If I were to suggest the top 3 mods to go with a JKUR, they would be (1) Truck-Lites headlights, (2) recovery gear, and (3) CB radio.

mattsat

First 3 mods? Before you start modding I really think you should try this one simple trick before you swipe your card:
TAKE IT OFFROAD

Learn about your Jeep! Learn how to use lockers (if equipped), learn how to use front sway bar discos (if equipped), and learn about your transfer case ranges. Learn how to air down your tires for aided traction. Learn learn learn.

Far too often people buy mods without realizing if they had simply hit the trail first they could have purchased something far more useful to them. Cut your teeth on a trail and learn your limits. You may realize you don't need something right away that sounds super popular.

But, to answer your question, I suggest your first 3 mods are:
  1. Tow strap
  2. Map of your local wheeling areas
  3. Full tank of gas

I think this is great advice, something I was planning on doing. Since I live in California, there are quite a few good places to really test the ability of a stock jeep so I am really excited. So is it safe to say my first mod should be a Wayalife decal??? :D

Top Bottom