A bit of help please.

bowtech50

I know there is a search button on here, but It would be a mess checking one at a time. I am considering either the Metal cloak 3.5 ARB lift, the EVO Enforcer 4" kit with Rancho 9000 shocks and the AEV 4.5 kit. This will be 90% street and 10% trail, and driven by my wife during the week most times. It is a 2013 JKUR, and I am considering 37" with flat fenders. AEV seams to get the best reviews for there on road handling, and fair off road reviews in the trail overland market. Metal Cloak seems to get great reviews for their flex and control arm joints. And my talk with EVO opened my eyes that maybe I don`t need a bunch of extra stuff. There kit uses plush springs. The MC ARB kit is 2500 with all the arms, high steer and front and rear track bar with brake lines and OME shocks. The AEV is 2175 for the kit with remote resevoir shocks. And the EVO kit is about 1900 for the 4" with high steer flip and the rancho 9000 shocks. So there is 600 between the kits, and I am asking for members with first hand knowledge to steer me straight on picking on based on my needs. I only want to do it once and my dream of coilovers is probably over budget. Thanks in advance.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
My 2c, take with a grain of salt. I used to have the aev 2.5" lift. I also bought it because of reviews for on road handling. I won't say it was a bad kit but the bilstein shocks did ride firm. I now have the EVO coilovers and obviously they ride better because I have them adjusted how I want. That said I think if you do 90% street and 10% trail you'd be better off with the EVO plush rides. I've ridden in one with that kit and was definitely smoother than my old aev.

Also just a side note if you decide to look at coilovers again like you mention, I see you live up north. I can tell you the coilovers get extremely firm in the winter. A shock made to not overheat doesn't like extreme cold, learned that last winter.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
3" plush, 37" tires and flat fenders fur reference.

Attachments

• 1432872420326.jpg
    1432872420326.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 88

bowtech50

Olram your jeep is outstanding, and I love Dozer! Looked for that color for 3 months and every time I found one it was sold before I could get there. EVO seems like the ticket, and according to them you don`t need all the control arms? Is there anything else I need besides the high steer and shocks with their Enforcer kit? Thanks for the replies.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Olram your jeep is outstanding, and I love Dozer! Looked for that color for 3 months and every time I found one it was sold before I could get there. EVO seems like the ticket, and according to them you don`t need all the control arms? Is there anything else I need besides the high steer and shocks with their Enforcer kit? Thanks for the replies.

Thanks, I really liked the color also. The dealer said it was the only one in town. He ended up selling 3 of them. Sucks because I live in a small town.
all I would add is a front drive shaft. That's pretty much needed on must lift kits. All 8 arms aren't needed either, they are correct.

Top Bottom