Muffler Relocation

Static83

Hey Guys,
I bought a dynomax evo exhaust, the same one shown here on wayalife. It's just too loud for me. I want to return it, but really like the idea of the muffler relocation. I'm thinking about going to a muffler shop and having them do the custom work, but was wondering what muffler I should go with. I was looking at Flowmaster Super 50, as it seems quite, but has a nice deep note, but also wanted to consider other offerings from dynomax, or magnaflow.

CJW

Just route the exhaust out the back. It won't be nearly as loud in the cab then. I actually think dynomax makes this set up. I think it's the rock crawler exhaust or something like that. Same as the evolution exhaust buy with a longer exit pipe over the axle and out the back.

chipper

I've read on here where some folks are also having problems with the noise and are using a Dynomax muffler along with a 4" or 6" Dynomax round can and running it out the back to solve the problem and are happy with it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432894037.433241.jpg

Static83

Just route the exhaust out the back. It won't be nearly as loud in the cab then. I actually think dynomax makes this set up. I think it's the rock crawler exhaust or something like that. Same as the evolution exhaust buy with a longer exit pipe over the axle and out the back.

I did see this setup and thought about going that route to see if it is quieter. I may go ahead and order it and try it since I'll still be able to return thanks to the dynomax return policy.

I purchased the Dynomax Evolution Competition Exhaust system a little while back and I too thought it was too loud and sounded ricey. My wife insisted that she didn't mind it, so I let it ride. Now, I can say that I'm pretty happy that I did. After about 4-6 weeks the tone really settled in and I think it's much quieter than when I first installed it. Maybe give it a little more time, but it sounds like you've got some other options as well.

Good luck!

Dirt Foot

I ended up going with a custom exhaust with a flow master 50 series. Much better! Here's a quick clip I made. http://youtu.be/Q0u7tprVuXw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the drone at highway speed. I had custom work done and mine is way too loud and the drone is awful. Also sounds like a rice burner

Attachments

• 1434244267898.jpg
    1434244267898.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 1434244292541.jpg
    1434244292541.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 230

JP Girl

I did see this setup and thought about going that route to see if it is quieter. I may go ahead and order it and try it since I'll still be able to return thanks to the dynomax return policy.

I had the Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust and wasn't a fan of how loud it was, or the drone. I'm trying to find something a little quieter as well!

Static83

How is the drone at highway speed. I had custom work done and mine is way too loud and the drone is awful. Also sounds like a rice burner

No drone at all. I'm very happy with it. The dynomax was soo annoying, this is just barely noticeable over the tires and wind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Static83

I had the Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust and wasn't a fan of how loud it was, or the drone. I'm trying to find something a little quieter as well!

Exactly what I think I found. I'll see about getting a video of me driving as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Static83

They put in new pipe as well, the entire cat back factory system was removed. And they made a bend and dropped just after the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirt Foot

I installed a magnaflow muffler and could not take the drone, took it off

I have this MagnaFlow and can't stand it. Way too loud and to much drone. What did you replace it with.

Attachments

• 1435420199897.jpg
    1435420199897.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 1435420220831.jpg
    1435420220831.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom