Advice on stock control arms and drop brackets

Jtvegas

I currently have a 3.5 lift with about 4 inch of lift with bumpers and 4-6 inch shocks on my JKUR . I am currently running stock control arms with drop brackets. The drop brackets came with the lift so have not driven it without the brackets. My local 4 x 4 shop stated on the jk I really don't need aftermarket short control arms and I will not benefit that much and save money for other mods? I also want to remove my drop brackets and I know they are not popular on this site. My brackets have not been hung up yet and have been clearing. On the highway it's nice having a few fingers on the wheel at 75.ha. If I remove the brackets will there be a big difference in handling with all stock arms? Some have recommended lower fronts and upper rears?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If you remove the drop brackets you should just need front lowers with what lift you have and being that you have a four door.

Static83

I have a 3.5 inch rubicon express standard lift. I ended up getting the rancho brackets because steering was too twitchy. I had to grip the wheel really hard, and didn't feel comfortable driving with one hand on the freeway. After the brackets went in, that was solved, and now it drives great. I wouldn't take them off unless you get new control arms. I plan on going metalcloak lift in the near future.

Jtvegas

Thanks. Yes not really having issues yet so probably just keep running it until I start bending or breaking. Then I will start replacing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom