Cool new product I thought I'd share.....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
For those of you that sleep in your jeep when you overland (giggity) this seems to be a very cool and well thought out product. The website is all german but apparently they are good with emailing in English. The cost appears to be $78 shipped to the USA.

http://nakatanenga-tours.de/shop/article_LBLH-JKU/Lüftungsbleche-Seitenfenster-hinten.html

I would have liked to have something like this on my last trip out west.

Disclaimer, I have nothing to do with the above company, Germany, or that product. Just thought it was extremely cool, useful and simple.

Last edited:

David1tontj

Just don't forget it's in and accidentally roll your window down on the road. We see lots of car window sports flags on the highway from people forgetting after the game.

Pretty cool idea

Tree Frog

Saw these on another web site the other day.

I wonder how much air those little louvers would actually move?

I have vent visors on all my rigs and really love them.
I can leave the windows down about 3 inches and still not get any rain in the rig. I know they move way more air than these louvered plates would.
You can see through them and they do not block your view like these plates would.

I used to sleep in my Suburban while on week long dredging trips, so a few strips of screen and some black tape had me mosquito free inside. Just taped it to the inside of the vent visor and let it hang down into the window.

Hey at least they are German, they have got that going for them. :beer:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Saw these on another web site the other day.

I wonder how much air those little louvers would actually move?

I have vent visors on all my rigs and really love them.
I can leave the windows down about 3 inches and still not get any rain in the rig. I know they move way more air than these louvered plates would.
You can see through them and they do not block your view like these plates would.

I used to sleep in my Suburban while on week long dredging trips, so a few strips of screen and some black tape had me mosquito free inside. Just taped it to the inside of the vent visor and let it hang down into the window.

Hey at least they are German, they have got that going for them. :beer:

Well, they would be enough to cycle the air and prevent condensation from forming everywhere. Obviously I wouldn't want to sleep with them in the Sahara but alpine camping or camping where nights are cool should be quite nice. As for them falling out of you roll the windows down, they seem to stay in on their own with just friction. For $78, I think I'll give em a chance. Love the mosquito netting as well.

Top Bottom