Why jeep why the addiction..why why

Tera 60

People ask why. And I say because they are awesome they are just my thing.. Just curious as to what you out there say. To the question.why Jeep.

sean.m.adams33

My buddy asked me this. He now owns a rubicon and we went out last weekend in big bear for his first trip. He is now looking for parts for his jeep. It's hard to explain to people. Honestly wayalife is really what it is. The jeep is a small part to me (most expensive part too) but it gives us the opportunity to explore, hike, camp, and really just do what we love.

Tera 60

My buddy asked me this. He now owns a rubicon and we went out last weekend in big bear for his first trip. He is now looking for parts for his jeep. It's hard to explain to people. Honestly wayalife is really what it is. The jeep is a small part to me (most expensive part too) but it gives us the opportunity to explore, hike, camp, and really just do what we love.

We'll putt..

MarkW13

Agreed. Perfect answer.

boardsurfer

Because at the end of the day I can hop in my Jeep, head west, and park myself on top of a mountain and sit in silence, miles from anyone. And if I do run into someone at least I know they are like-minded.

As for the Jeep specifically well it's like an giant Lego set with almost infinite combinations so whatever I put on it makes it mine and somewhat unique.

Tera 60

Because at the end of the day I can hop in my Jeep, head west, and park myself on top of a mountain and sit in silence, miles from anyone. And if I do run into someone at least I know they are like-minded.

As for the Jeep specifically well it's like an giant Lego set with almost infinite combinations so whatever I put on it makes it mine and somewhat unique.

Lol like the Lego analogy....

JT2012Jk

I think they're many reasons for loving a jeep. For myself is a connection to heritage. My family has had many Jeeps throughout the years going back to WW2. Another great connection is for those of us who are Veterans. The Jeep in it's various forms was the work horse of the military for nearly half a century. And lastly they are just plain fun to drive and work on. It's a blank slate waiting for the owner to make there own by building and customizing. Which is incredibly easy with the plethora of companies who specialize in Jeep parts. Those are what come to mind when I think WHY

robx251

Caught the Bug
I don't think it can be summed up so simply... for myself it is a great tool for hunting, fishing and recreation of all sorts. While I do love the military heritage, the jeeps from today are a long cry from the simple work horses of yesteryear. As previously put it does allow one to express them self with their vehicle as it is like the lego kit for adults but its more than that. I have wanted one for a long time before I found my old YJ 5 years ago and then upgraded to my JK just over 2 years ago now. Its the perfect cross between a convertible and a 4x4 for those long dirt muddy roads here in the summer that allows you to get it dirty in the open air and not feel bad about it or compulsively wax it 8 times a day. Its not a show car, but a go car. and it makes me smile while I get to where I am going. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433020492.505507.jpg

DMF

My friend wanted to go to Death Valley with me but I wouldn't let him go unless he rented a Jeep and only a Jeep. When we got back from our trip he ended up buying one within that month.

Tera 60

I don't think it can be summed up so simply... for myself it is a great tool for hunting, fishing and recreation of all sorts. While I do love the military heritage, the jeeps from today are a long cry from the simple work horses of yesteryear. As previously put it does allow one to express them self with their vehicle as it is like the lego kit for adults but its more than that. I have wanted one for a long time before I found my old YJ 5 years ago and then upgraded to my JK just over 2 years ago now. Its the perfect cross between a convertible and a 4x4 for those long dirt muddy roads here in the summer that allows you to get it dirty in the open air and not feel bad about it or compulsively wax it 8 times a day. Its not a show car, but a go car. and it makes me smile while I get to where I am going. View attachment 146119

Couldn't of said it better my self... Nice jeep like the pic

Tera 60

My friend wanted to go to Death Valley with me but I wouldn't let him go unless he rented a Jeep and only a Jeep. When we got back from our trip he ended up buying one within that month.

Death Valley that's some serious wheeling. Lol just the thought I am getting a drink of water..

TJ4fun

Oh my...the Jeep thing

I have a jeep, so, the grass needs gutting, the car needs an oil change, the gutters need to be cleaned and im worried about what i need next for my jeep and im ok with it. Folks just don't know what there missing do they?

Tera 60

I have a jeep, so, the grass needs gutting, the car needs an oil change, the gutters need to be cleaned and im worried about what i need next for my jeep and im ok with it. Folks just don't know what there missing do they?

That is the way it is. No they don't.

TJ4fun

Georgia, a nice place to explore

I was staying in savanna for a couple of years. From there we spent every weekend heading west from there exploring the dirt roads...ah... what fun it was. Fantastic place Georgia. You have some of the best folks in the country there, Enjoy exploring!

Tera 60

I was staying in savanna for a couple of years. From there we spent every weekend heading west from there exploring the dirt roads...ah... what fun it was. Fantastic place Georgia. You have some of the best folks in the country there, Enjoy exploring!

Yes we do .. And will do thanks and I bet that was amazing riding the old dirt roads we have down this way. Lots of fun times

TJ4fun

Water

We here in California are running out of water...maybe heading back there for a drink! we need some of the rain from Texas and i bet they would not mind giving us some about now.

Top Bottom