Enforcer 3" lift or Full Traction. Also stock front DS concerns

Clark Collins

I'm thinking of getting a 3" EVO enforcer lift kit and want to know if the stock front drive shaft would be a problem due to the pinion angle after correcting the castor. Also: is everything you need, except for the shocks, included in the kit. Is the drag link flip kit a necessary option and just exactly what does it do?

For the kind of wheeling I do, I don't think the King shocks would be justified and I would likely go with Bilstein 5100 shocks or possibly Rancho 9000. I'm not into high speed blasting down bumpy roads. The reason I'm considering lifting my rig more is that I need more ground clearance for some of the obstacles I want to clear. But don't want to go too high as my wife is short.

I've also been considering one of the Full Traction 3" lifts, but I've seen so many positive comments about the EVO plush ride coils that I think I would want them instead of the FTs. Has anyone compared these? I know that Eddie did a write up on installing the FT ultimate lift on Moby in the early years. That install replaced all 8 control arms, but I would also like to know about the FT kit that only replaces the lowers. Anyone have experience with that kit?

Any advice on what I'm considering would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can see what mods I have already in my signature.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have experience with both.

Fulltraction makes good lifts. The one that replaces both lowers is called the ultra kit. (I helped name it).

It has everything you need for a 3" kit. They usually pair it with Bilstein shocks. It's s very nice ride but not as Soft as the EVO coils.

The enforcer just had the front lowers as you really don't need adjustments for the rear unless it's a 2 door.

The major difference between the two will be the joints.

Fulltraction runs really good FK heims on the axle end. Along with a clevite on the frame side. The clevite is what will blow out if you ever upgrade to coil overs. If you don't then no issues really. It's a cheap joint to replace but it's not easy to replace.

Evo runs Johnny joints, they are a damn good joint. They rarely have any issues and can take flex from coil overs. These joints can be changed in your garage with a small tool from Currie.

Either kit is a winner in my book.

EVO MFG has better customer service by a long shot.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You say you don't need it, but would you recommend it?

No, the problem is at full bump (stuff) the drag link can contact the frame. You can run taller bump stops to eliminate this.

in my opinion is not worth it at 3".

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You will need a front driveshaft with any 3" kit. If anyone tells you different. They are a liar.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have experience with both.

Fulltraction makes good lifts. The one that replaces both lowers is called the ultra kit. (I helped name it).

It has everything you need for a 3" kit. They usually pair it with Bilstein shocks. It's s very nice ride but not as Soft as the EVO coils.

The enforcer just had the front lowers as you really don't need adjustments for the rear unless it's a 2 door.

The major difference between the two will be the joints.

Fulltraction runs really good FK heims on the axle end. Along with a clevite on the frame side. The clevite is what will blow out if you ever upgrade to coil overs. If you don't then no issues really. It's a cheap joint to replace but it's not easy to replace.

Evo runs Johnny joints, they are a damn good joint. They rarely have any issues and can take flex from coil overs. These joints can be changed in your garage with a small tool from Currie.

Either kit is a winner in my book.

EVO MFG has better customer service by a long shot.

Customer service at FT was better but then the guy decided to quit and work elsewhere..haha. Thanks again Chris for all the help during the install of my 3" long arm lift. The one guy I did speak with in your absence was kind of a jerk. Trying to tell me I wasn't installing the part correctly when I could clearly tell it was bent incorrectly. However once this was recognized they sent me a new one promptly. I've been really happy win it just not looking forward to replacing the clevites. I probably should do it thought as it's been a few years and I can clearly see some small cracks in them. It's probably a bit easier in my garage rather than on the trail. I do carry a couple spares win me.

noroad

You will need a front driveshaft with any 3" kit. If anyone tells you different. They are a liar.

I don't know I'd say they are a liar - stupid maybe but not a liar :crazyeyes:

hahah for this reason steve, jkwrang, and i were all banned for a jk of new England fb page lol. guy was telling people stock front shaft was good over three inch in his mall crawler lol. sorry for the side bar just made me laugh.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's like fucking without a condom, You might get away with it for awhile. But eventually your going to get her pregnant.

Clark Collins

track bar bracket

It looks to me like the EVO kit has a track bar bracket for centering the rear axle, but nothing to center the front axle. Is that correct? If yes, isn't it advisable to center the front axle as well? The FT kit has new track bars front and rear, but based on your advice so far I'm leaning toward EVO. Is the bracket just as good or better than a new track bar?

Thanks for all the great info so far.

noroad

It looks to me like the EVO kit has a track bar bracket for centering the rear axle, but nothing to center the front axle. Is that correct? If yes, isn't it advisable to center the front axle as well? The FT kit has new track bars front and rear, but based on your advice so far I'm leaning toward EVO. Is the bracket just as good or better than a new track bar?

you can order just the front track bar bracket prices is about 130! (call to order tho) i would do a bracket over a bar as the stock bars are cheap to replace

you can order just the front track bar bracket prices is about 130! (call to order tho) i would do a bracket over a bar as the stock bars are cheap to replace

I was just getting ready to ask which route you thought was best, adj. trackbar, or factory w a bracket.

noroad

I was just getting ready to ask which route you thought was best, adj. trackbar, or factory w a bracket.

I like the bracket as the stock track bars can be bought from crown for around 50 bucks. the evo kit is really nice if you need a flip as well due to the fact you can just get a replacement RHD draglink end if something happens for a low cost as well.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

You don't need adjustable track bars. It's barely off center at ride height. Once the jeep goes up and down the axles are no longer center.

If you get the Evo, just run it as is. The rear EVO bracket helps with roll center.

Top Bottom