A wave from Tucson Arizona

h.alvarez

Hello everyone, first post on here wanted to introduce myself, give a little background about me and the jeep so here goes.

I'm 23 just got out of the army in April. I was at Ft Benning for the past 4 years. Now I'm living in Tucson AZ where I'll be going to school and working part time for the next few years. I've had a love of jeeps for a long time Started out with a XJ, lifted it locked it, imploded the transfer case on it. Then I bought a MJ with plans to swap everything from the XJ to the MJ, well sadly the project never was finished and due to deployments and training I sold them both as a package for stupid cheap >.<

Now the interesting stuff about my current jeep. I knew I wanted a JK for a long time, I figured I wouldn't really have the cash to get exactly what I wanted and would build it over time then I stumbled across a 2011 white, 6 speed Rubicon unlimited with 45k miles for $14,000 the catch? It had been stolen and they tried to burn it to the ground. I looked at it twice and ended up purchasing it. Replaced the entire dash, took all the melted carpet out and rhino lined the interior, did some rattle can paint work so that I could get a rebuilt title for it as it was currently salvaged due to the theft. 14k for a burned rubi? There has to be more to this story right? Oh yes you are very right. it had Dana 30s underneath it those bastards! Wait.... no, thank you thieves you just gave me an excuse to build axles. So, I picked up some 44 housings, lockers, 4.56 gears, shafts, 35 splines up front, an RSE sleeve kit and evo c-gussets for the front. built them both 35" KM2s on pro comp rock crawlers, oh yeah and a lovely little 2.5 rock krawler max travel kit. So far I've spent about 6 months on this project and just two weeks ago got it finally all installed on the jeep. Did some other little things here and there, like cutting the stock flares, cutting down both front and rear stock bumper, and cutting back the pinch seems, as well as just this weekend putting together a custom job to insulate the hardtop. Next up on the list is a shrockworks stubby front bumper and rock sliders. I couldn't be happier with the jeep and how its turned out so far I look forward to meeting some of ya and going wheeling!

I first found this forum due to watching the short films posted here which are absolutely amazing and I love watching all of them time and time again! Just recently I was trolling the for sale section as I knew I wanted to make an account on one of the many JK forums out there and Saw the post that was title "You WAL guys are assholes" I read it page by page and fell in love instantly knowing this was the place to be :rock:

FIrst picture: THe night I brought her home
Second: Rhino lining the interior as it was all kinds of jacked up as well as replacing the entire dash which was slightly melted
Third: Cut flares and bumper
fourth: Lift and tires Finally on 5 months after purchasing them
Fifth: Little Arizona scenery

20150123_202946.jpg 20150216_100443.jpg 20150314_193941.jpg 20150519_152223.jpg 20150522_130554.jpg

Welcome to WayaLife from Scottsdale !!! Quite the story on that project...Congrats!!!! Well played !! You've found a great forum and lot of info here for the future mods and add on's! Welcome to Arizona, lots of good 4-wheeling here, hope you enjoy it! :thumb:

h.alvarez

Hey, thanks guys! Looking forward to being part of the community and getting out there and doing some good wheeling!

Top Bottom