Coax length

KalebD

Anyone had any luck running an 18' coax cable on a 4 door? Tried looking in a write up but didn't see anything on cable length. I bought a 18' and I'm coming up short running it from the center of the dash under the floor and to the tailgate. Do I just need to buy a longer one? Any help is always appreciated

bkac

Caught the Bug
It will work, that's what I use!
I run mine down the upper rollbar and out the tailgate!

Anyone had any luck running an 18' coax cable on a 4 door? Tried looking in a write up but didn't see anything on cable length. I bought a 18' and I'm coming up short running it from the center of the dash under the floor and to the tailgate. Do I just need to buy a longer one? Any help is always appreciated

18' will work...man I had 2ft extra :shock:

KalebD

Awesome! Well thanks for the help guys! Looks like I'll just be undoing everything and re running it lol

K.D.C.H

Same here, ran it from above the rear view mirror, over top right side of the roll bar and out to the tailgate and even had extra cable.

KalebD

Same here, ran it from above the rear view mirror, over top right side of the roll bar and out to the tailgate and even had extra cable.

See I put mine on the dash since I don't have a mount to make my cobra 29 fit above the mirror yet

chipper

I've been told by the CB shop in my town to use a 21' coax. Something about it matches up better for the SWR's. I also use a 21' in my semi-truck at work. Just roll up the extra in a loop.

KalebD

I've been told by the CB shop in my town to use a 21' coax. Something about it matches up better for the SWR's. I also use a 21' in my semi-truck at work. Just roll up the extra in a loop.

Well I just finished running the 18' it reaches but now I'm getting a reading on my radio that says "rf gain output fail" when I do my internal tests. Might be the cord? What do you think? I've tried making sure my antenna is grounded right and that it's hooked to my radio correctly and everything and I'm stumped lol

Top Bottom