Evo lift question

Jtvegas

I'm currently running RE 3.5 standard lift with all stock arms and I'm thinking of making some suspension changes for some better handling. I was looking at the evo enforcer 3 inch kit. My question is if I have fox 2.0 4-6 inch shock with that be to big? Also if my jkur is already lifted would I be able to just swap out the coils and put the lower evo adjustable control arms and call it the day or am I better off ordering the whole kit and swap everything out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can definitely just get the Plush Ride coils and control arms and call it a day. However, your RE coils are most likely A LOT taller than 4" of lift and you will most likely find that your ride height will be lower with the Plush Rides. Depending on how long your shocks really are, you may find that they will be too long for your new shorter coils.

Jtvegas

Ok sounds good. So I could have some issues with the bigger shock?If I were to look at a smaller shock what ones would you recommend with that lift?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think we discovered on a thread those shocks are too long for evo 3" coils but should work fine with their 4". Some long ass shocks.

Tera 60

I am looking at the same lift for when I get my jk. Rancho 9000 is what direction I am heading a lot of people on here have gave the thumbs up on the shocks. But that is my budget build would love some kings.

Jtvegas

Thanks. Yes wanted to stay in the 3 inch lift range so probably end up getting a different shock.

olram30

Thanks. Yes wanted to stay in the 3 inch lift range so probably end up getting a different shock.

For the 3" coils, any shock at 27.5" or less would work. Anything longer and coils will unseat. I think those fox are 28.5 extended. Work great with the 4" springs.

NM2012CherryJK

For the 3" coils, any shock at 27.5" or less would work. Anything longer and coils will unseat. I think those fox are 28.5 extended. Work great with the 4" springs.

If you running those shocks and get the 3 inch coils for a 2 door will you still need longer shocks? My end plan is to run 37's with stock fenders. I currently have 35's with stock fenders and the 4-6 lift height Fox shocks. Thank you.

Jtvegas

Will the 4 inch evo coils sit higher than my RE 3.5 because I gained a lot of lift with the RE. Is the 4 inch evo true to size?

olram30

Will the 4 inch evo coils sit higher than my RE 3.5 because I gained a lot of lift with the RE. Is the 4 inch evo true to size?

Evo is pretty much true to size on a jku. Probably be sitting the same or lower than the re 3.5" coils.

olram30

If you running those shocks and get the 3 inch coils for a 2 door will you still need longer shocks? My end plan is to run 37's with stock fenders. I currently have 35's with stock fenders and the 4-6 lift height Fox shocks. Thank you.

They don't make 2 or 4 door specific coils.

olram30

Okay cool. Then would you recommend the 3 or the 4 inch coils for a 2door with stock fenders wanting to run 37's? Thank you.

I don't know. You'll get an extra inch with the 3" coils. So you'll be around 4" of actual lift. Most run the 3" with flat fenders.

Jtvegas

Well as long as the 4 inch evo sits around the same level as my current set up that could be a option. So I can either get the 3 inch evo coils with smaller shocks and front lca or keep my current fox shocks and get the evo 4 coil with lca. What would you recommend for the jkur ?

olram30

Well as long as the 4 inch evo sits around the same level as my current set up that could be a option. So I can either get the 3 inch evo coils with smaller shocks and front lca or keep my current fox shocks and get the evo 4 coil with lca. What would you recommend for the jkur ?

I run the 3" coils with 37" nitto trail grappers and flat fenders.
But in your case I would probably just get the 4" coils and keep your shocks.
Edit, frank, mtg and jags all run the 4" on their jeeps and they are happy. I don't think you would go wrong with them. Shocks are expensive and you've already got them.

Last edited:

olram30

Fwiw, I'm thinking of adding a ½" spacer in the rear. With my jeep empty it sits fine, but with gear, groceries and passengers it's a bit low. I actually don't mind a little bit of rake.

Top Bottom