Quick EVO skins and rails question

TANK

So I took advantage of the Northridge bundles this past month and bought Evo skins and sliders. (Props to Tim at the Colorado location) Since they're raw I've decided to bedline them myself and save myself the hassle of powdercoating. That way I can touch them up as need be.

I've already washed them down, roughed them up with 320 grit, cleaned them with a tack cloth, and just got done thoroughly cleaning them with acetone. I'm about to start shooting some self-etching primer here in a few (2 coats in total). My question is this. Should I let the primer completely cure before spraying bedliner, or go ahead and proceed right away after the last coat of primer "dries"?

TANK

So looking at your pictures, it looks like you painted the whole rails before welding them up. Did you just end up grinding them clean where you welded and then touching them up after? Just wondering because I was thinking of bagging off the tabs and then painting them after.

utiadam

LOSER
So looking at your pictures, it looks like you painted the whole rails before welding them up. Did you just end up grinding them clean where you welded and then touching them up after? Just wondering because I was thinking of bagging off the tabs and then painting them after.

I actually didn't paint purposely paint the tabs but they did get over spray. I did sand them with a die grinder before welding though.

TANK

Thanks for the answers. I finished bedlining the skins tonight and will move onto the rails tomorrow after work. I'm really looking forward to the install. I'm amazed how little nerves I have about drilling a multitude of 3/8" holes into the body.

utiadam

LOSER
Thanks for the answers. I finished bedlining the skins tonight and will move onto the rails tomorrow after work. I'm really looking forward to the install. I'm amazed how little nerves I have about drilling a multitude of 3/8" holes into the body.

It's not that bad after the first hole. Did you make sure to order the Astro 1442? It makes the nutserts go easy.

Top Bottom