Rock krawler 2.5?

1BAMF'nJKU

I have been debating a lift for a few months and was leaning toward the evo enforcer kit but due to budget I have been turned towards a rock krawler 2.5 kit. Has anybody or is anybody running this kit and if so how do you like it? Any photos would be greatly appreciated! Thx

If i could offer any advice, it would be to not settle. Save for what you want and do it right the first time.

moorecb3

I run the rk 2.5 and have been more then happy with the quality of it. I can post pics in a little and there is some on my build thread

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
We talking the stock mod? Just springs, rear track bar mount and front track bar only?

Jitzoo

If i could offer any advice, it would be to not settle. Save for what you want and do it right the first time.

Great advice...I've settled with my build and can't financially unf*ck it, or I can choose to get divorced.

chipper

My advice would be to NOT settle for less. I run the enforcer and love it. I didn't want to be like the "very many" folks that wish they went will another lift because of money at the time. If I was in your shoes I would spend $350 on a budget boost till I could afford what I wanted. Then sell that BB to another WAL member in your same shoes when you upgrade. Just my 2c. Good luck

jman_12

I would agree with the above statements. Once I get another jeep, I'll be saving for a rock krawler lift, do it right the first time!

TwistedJK

I'll be installing the stock mod soon, but I also ordered their adjustable lower control arms. The components seem beefy enough to take some abuse. It's not part of the kit, but I have already installed a set of crown front and rear brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks for 3.5" lifts, and extended bump stops front and rear(all of which you'll need). A front driveshaft regardless of which you choose might need to be done. I'll run mine until interact he boot, then I'll order myself a JE Reel 1350. I've ridden in quite a few jeeps with Rock Krawler suspension and they've all ridden fine to me. I know a lot of people here run the Evo lifts, and I'm sure they are great too, but I can't realy comment on something I have not used.

olram30

I'll be installing the stock mod soon, but I also ordered their adjustable lower control arms. The components seem beefy enough to take some abuse. It's not part of the kit, but I have already installed a set of crown front and rear brake lines, Bilstein 5100 shocks for 3.5" lifts, and extended bump stops front and rear(all of which you'll need). A front driveshaft regardless of which you choose might need to be done. I'll run mine until interact he boot, then I'll order myself a JE Reel 1350. I've ridden in quite a few jeeps with Rock Krawler suspension and they've all ridden fine to me. I know a lot of people here run the Evo lifts, and I'm sure they are great too, but I can't realy comment on something I have not used.

I guess that what I was getting at, by the time you purchase all the stuff needed to run a stock mod properly, how much has a person saved?

TwistedJK

I think the grand total came to around $1200 for everything, including the shocks. I also received 10% of the stock mod kit from Quadratec and Northridge gave me another sweet discount on the control arms for being a member here. I guess I'm a little biased too since Rock Krawler is only about 20 minutes from where my wife and I grew up lol. Hell, I've used rustysoffroad lift kits too on 3 of my other builds. They were great too, never had a problem with anything from them.

resqman911

Just installed the RK 2.5 stock mod last week, have only had it out once since the install but very pleased so far. I'm installing RK lower front control arms this week. The ride feels like stock on road and a huge improvement over stock off road. The only thing I will warn you is that the front will flex quite a bit with the shocks that RK recommends, I was told with a 2.5 inch lift kit my front drive shaft would be fine...... I tore the boot within minutes of hitting the trail.

FullSizeRender (13).jpg IMG_2120.jpg

metalic

I run the RK 2.5 with bilstein with lengths RK recommends. I like the ride and flex. I ran it up the rti ramp to check clearance and rip driveshaft in one trip.

BlueBox

I went with RK 2.5 max travel kit that northridge has. Been pleased so far.

BPwkFH5.jpg

Sd4KETN.jpg

MLQjy7O.jpg

y1tpXmL.jpg

(that last one I didnt have enough droop on still :/)

noroad

I have been debating a lift for a few months and was leaning toward the evo enforcer kit but due to budget I have been turned towards a rock krawler 2.5 kit. Has anybody or is anybody running this kit and if so how do you like it? Any photos would be greatly appreciated! Thx

Soo you gona comment back on any to the people that have answered you question?

Last edited:

1BAMF'nJKU

Sorry for the late response been working a lot of overtime! Thanks for your responses and I think I will hold off like some of you said....I think the evo enforcer is the way to go!! Any pics of this setup? Greatly appreciated, thx

olram30

Sorry for the late response been working a lot of overtime! Thanks for your responses and I think I will hold off like some of you said....I think the evo enforcer is the way to go!! Any pics of this setup? Greatly appreciated, thx

I thought back in February you pulled the trigger on a evo lift?

1BAMF'nJKU

Yes that was the plan but things fell through due to new property well septic etc. I am now lift less and in dire need but rather than going forward with something in not set on I am going to wait and continue with what I had intended to do.

Top Bottom