Miller Jeep Trail experience?

alisonJKU

Hey guys,

I was invited to a night run at Miller, and I've heard from a couple people that my Jeep wouldn't make it, and 1 other person who said it would.
For now, I have a 2.5" lift and 32's, so for the most part she's pretty stock.

Opinions?
I don't wanna head out there with the possibility of not being capable.

Thank you. :)

JAGS

Hooked
You should be fine. I did it stock so your lift will help that much more. There's one rock section that you may need to take the line on the left and maybe have a spotter.

It was several years, but the worst part of what I remember was the pinstripping. The trail was pretty overgrown.

Siebermd

I did it in my 02 TJ X with a 2" OME lift. The rest of my drive-train was stock. Now it was a while ago, but I cant imagine the trail has changed too much. It was one of my favorite trails when I lived out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, so long as you have rocker guards, tow points front and rear and people who actually care about you and your Jeep, you should be fine.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey guys,

I was invited to a night run at Miller, and I've heard from a couple people that my Jeep wouldn't make it, and 1 other person who said it would.

Opinions?

Are you going on a run with a local club? We have a couple near Bakersfield. Some of them have a had rep for beating the shit out of jeeps.

That being said, it would take some work to damage your jeep. It's fairly easy.

mackey

I've done this trail numerous times. My buddy took his completely stock 2 door JK and was fine. Expect to hear a bunch of banging underneath and pick your routes wisely. If possible, skids and rails would be beneficial but you can definitely complete it without.

alisonJKU

Are you going on a run with a local club? We have a couple near Bakersfield. Some of them have a had rep for beating the shit out of jeeps.

That being said, it would take some work to damage your jeep. It's fairly easy.

I have no idea who it is with yet. So far I've only been invited for the 13th and haven't received any details yet.

Like most, I have no desire to beat the shit out of mine. This is still my daily driver, so I'd like to take care of her as much as I can. 😊

Are you with a club?

mackey

Thanks everyone.

I have sliders, but no skids. Hopefully I'll be alright out there. 😊

If possible, try to at least get EVO's oil pan skid plate. Your stock skids will be fine for the Miller Jeep Trail. EVO's oil pan skid is awesome and super easy to install.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have no idea who it is with yet. So far I've only been invited for the 13th and haven't received any details yet.

Like most, I have no desire to beat the shit out of mine. This is still my daily driver, so I'd like to take care of her as much as I can. 😊

Are you with a club?

Nope, I live outside Tehachapi. I just don't like wheeling with people I don't know or know of.

I don't mean to scare you from the trail ride. It's a fun easy trail.

alisonJKU

If possible, try to at least get EVO's oil pan skid plate. Your stock skids will be fine for the Miller Jeep Trail. EVO's oil pan skid is awesome and super easy to install.

Thank you! I'll definitely check into getting one. 😊

alisonJKU

Nope, I live outside Tehachapi. I just don't like wheeling with people I don't know or know of.

I don't mean to scare you from the trail ride. It's a fun easy trail.

haha no worries, I'm not scared, yet.

I wish I knew more people I could wheel with. The couple of clubs I've come across online around here look pretty reckless with their Jeeps, and I'm not into that.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
haha no worries, I'm not scared, yet.

I wish I knew more people I could wheel with. The couple of clubs I've come across online around here look pretty reckless with their Jeeps, and I'm not into that.

We have a small group of people in the Bakersfield area. They are all very safe and don't do stupid shit in their jeeps. Maybe it's time for another meet and greet in our area. Or just plan a run to miller or freeway ridge

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I won't name the clubs online, but just look at someone's jeep before you wheel with them. If the doors and everything is beat the shit. You'll know.

alisonJKU

We have a small group of people in the Bakersfield area. They are all very safe and don't do stupid shit in their jeeps. Maybe it's time for another meet and greet in our area. Or just plan a run to miller or freeway ridge

That'd be awesome. I would like to join in on the fun! I need to get some experience and more knowledge of do's and don'ts. 😊

alisonJKU

I won't name the clubs online, but just look at someone's jeep before you wheel with them. If the doors and everything is beat the shit. You'll know.

Oh I know, I've definitely seen that crowd.

I've only been with 1 club, 4X4HIM and they were actually a pretty fun crowd, and safe. In fact the day I went with them to Last Chance Canyon was the same day WAYALIFE was there, ahead of us. I was hoping to reach them and join in. haha

Charlie Mike

Hey guys,

Opinions?

My buddy ran Miller with an identical set-up to yours. I had to pull him out once, but besides that one time, he was fine. You'll have a lot of fun. :thumb:

Top Bottom