2012 JK A/C sucking noise

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I just recently got my JK back from the body shop after 8 weeks. A question on the A/C does anyone else hear a sucking noise when the compressor turns on inside the cab or out of the vents? I took it back to the repair shop they had the dealer empty and recharge the systems. The dealer said this is a normal sound for the JK’s. I really can’t remember this sound but I haven’t had my Jeep for 8 weeks so maybe I just don’t remember. It almost sounds like Darth Vader; if this sound is normal then maybe I will name it that!!! Any help would be great
Thank you
:thinking::idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
it should be more of a blow than a suck but, yeah, it's normal. it's just your climate control system trying to purge air in the vents before blowing what you want at you.

Moochie

wayoflife said:
it should be more of a blow than a suck but, yeah, it's normal. it's just your climate control system trying to purge air in the vents before blowing what you want at you.

I wish I could teach mine how to suck. I'd pay extra for that.

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Thank you Eddie its was driving me nuts, that I cloundn't remember what sounds it made!:whew:

Thanks again, not sure what we would all do with out WAY OF LIFE!!!! :thumb::standing wave:

VaNomad0530

Don't know if it's been checked, nor if it is the same as the 08' models, but pop the glove box out. The intake vent for the a/c is right behind it. I had the same issue with mine. When I popped the glove box out, I found a bunch of papers had fallen out of my glove box and were being sucked to the inlet of the air duct....

Just a thought. Good luck

Casey

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Don't know if it's been checked, nor if it is the same as the 08' models, but pop the glove box out. The intake vent for the a/c is right behind it. I had the same issue with mine. When I popped the glove box out, I found a bunch of papers had fallen out of my glove box and were being sucked to the inlet of the air duct....

Just a thought. Good luck

Casey

The dealer said its normal? I don't remember hearing this until I got my jeep back from the body shop it was there for 8 weeks. They recharged the system and said it has no leaks. But still does it. I never thought I would complain about my jeep "blowing and sucking" :cheesy:

Top Bottom