Help Brake pedal squeaks when depressed

Dllamas

I changed my front brakes not to long ago and a week later my brake pedal started squeaking when it's depressed. Has anybody come up with this problem? Is it just coincidence that's it happened when I recently changed my brakes? Anything helps guys let me know

JeepJeep75

Brakes can be tricky. You can go the easy route and just swap out the pads, pushing the nasty fluid that's in the calipers back into the reservoir to be redistributed to the rest of the system and pray nothing squeaks. Or, you can pull the rotors and have them turned (resurfaced), pinch the brake line right before the caliper, loosen the bleed screw and push the caliper piston back in while letting the "nasty" fluid out. Then reassemble all the bits and pieces with the blue glue on the back of the pad, and put grease on all metal to metal contact points within the caliper. I believe this is one of those jobs that you "get what you put into it". If you take your time, Google up some "stop brake squeaking" stuff, it shouldn't be to hard to figure out. In your case, maybe just scuffing the rotors with a Scotch-brite pad will be enough to knock the glaze off and stop the squeaking. Good luck finding your squeaks!

JKWrang

My pedal squeaks a little too. Squeaky pedals i dont think are concerning.... just annoying if anything

toxicwaste29

My dads 2009 ram 2500 does the same thing and my moms 2007 Chrysler did also. No issues other than it being annoying

Shamrocked

Found on my jeep that it was being caused by the clips. Pads that I purchased didn't come with new clips. Original ones were rusty and deformed. Didn't allow the pad to smoothly slide back a forth. Got new clips and the squeak went away.

Top Bottom