Aev procal question

Jtvegas

I have used my procal to calibrate my speedo. I have 35 inch tires and measured properly around 34. I have double checked all the proper settings however to get me speedo correct I had to set the procal all the way down to 31.00 with 35's. Aev states all jeeps are different and this is ok just keep going down till you get the proper speed and using handheld gps?

Jtvegas

If I measured the tires at 34 i would think when you program the the procal you would set it at 33.5 or 34 however I had to set mine at 31 a few sizes below. My question is that normal?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If I measured the tires at 34 i would think when you program the the procal you would set it at 33.5 or 34 however I had to set mine at 31 a few sizes below. My question is that normal?

What? You have the Procal, set it to the actual size of your tires and that is it. Why did you set it to 31 when your tires are measured out at 34?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The speedo was dead on at 31. When set at actual tire size it was 5 mph off

OK, I understand now. Assuming that your handheld GPS is accurate and the Procal instructions tell you to keep reducing the size until they match then I would say you are doing things correctly.

Jtvegas

Ok thanks I was just getting second opinion. Yes was informed to use handheld cause jeeps nav is linked to speedo and won't be accurate.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
You may have used the wrong setting. Look again at their cheat sheet. I had the exact same issue, then realized i was looking at the setting for the size above. Once i put correct setting worked perfectly.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You may have used the wrong setting. Look again at their cheat sheet. I had the exact same issue, then realized i was looking at the setting for the size above. Once i put correct setting worked perfectly.

This sounds like the problem.

jedg

I have used my procal to calibrate my speedo. I have 35 inch tires and measured properly around 34. I have double checked all the proper settings however to get me speedo correct I had to set the procal all the way down to 31.00 with 35's. Aev states all jeeps are different and this is ok just keep going down till you get the proper speed and using handheld gps?

Also, how did you measure your tire? Below is from Project-JK written by WAL.

determine the actual height of your tire by measuring from the ground up to the edge of your tire’s shoulder (corner where the tire turn 90° from the side wall to the tread)

BlackHawk08jk

If you measure from the ground to the center of your wheel and double it it will be dead on. That is the proper way to measure it.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Here's a copy of the procal cart. Make sure you have correct gear size, of you changed gears.

It's very easy to enter wrong tire size code lioking at chart. Plus ise ckoset tire measurement size without going over.

My tires measured 34.5" but i miss read chart and entered code for 30" and was off 5 mph. Played with numerous settings. Then realized, i entered wrong code. Entered correct code and works perfectly.

Make sure you add the . size, thats important too. It's listed right below tire size.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Here's a copy of the procal cart. Make sure you have correct gear size, of you changed gears.

It's very easy to enter wrong tire size code lioking at chart. Plus ise ckoset tire measurement size without going over.

My tires measured 34.5" but i miss read chart and entered code for 30" and was off 5 mph. Played with numerous settings. Then realized, i entered wrong code. Entered correct code and works perfectly.

Make sure you add the . size, thats important too. It's listed right below tire size.

You need to enter the gear ratio either way...3.21, 3.73, 4.10, etc. I don't believe the procal pulls the gear ratio out of the PCM when connected

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You need to enter the gear ratio either way...3.21, 3.73, 4.10, etc. I don't believe the procal pulls the gear ratio out of the PCM when connected

You only need to enter the gear ratio if you change the gears and have an auto. If you use factory gears you don't need to enter anything.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
No, just enter tire size unless you change gear ratio. But if you want to enter gear ratio, I guess it can't hurt.

Jtvegas

Thanks for everybody's advice. Yes I did verify the chart and I did input it correctly. I will mess with it this evening. Thanks

Jtvegas

Aev says only enter gear if you change gears. I have not changed gears do I have to input that?

Top Bottom