New Battery, loose terminal

hydroslyder

Hi All,

I've got a 2012 JKUR and I replaced the battery with a Duralast gold a while back. Today when I went to remote start the car nothing happened, checked under the hood and noticed the negative terminal was still on the post but loose, able to spin and lift it. I checked the terminal bolt and it is clamped down all the way, so the clamp can't compress anymore. It seems that the new battery posts are a slightly smaller diameter than the posts on the stock batter. Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve a battery swap? I could change out the terminal end on the cable but wanted to see if there is a simpler solution?

Thanks for the help.

Rebel JK

Have you got the right "group" battery? I believe 12's and up have the 91 while priors have the 34. Not sure if it makes a diff or not on post dia.

sassmouth

Hi All,

I've got a 2012 JKUR and I replaced the battery with a Duralast gold a while back. Today when I went to remote start the car nothing happened, checked under the hood and noticed the negative terminal was still on the post but loose, able to spin and lift it. I checked the terminal bolt and it is clamped down all the way, so the clamp can't compress anymore. It seems that the new battery posts are a slightly smaller diameter than the posts on the stock batter. Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve a battery swap? I could change out the terminal end on the cable but wanted to see if there is a simpler solution?

Thanks for the help.

Why not head down to PepBoys or Autozone and just get a terminal for the negative post that would fit better? A battery terminal is separate from any cables that attach to it.

Peak

Autozone will have these things called post shims that will allow a better connection when thing like that happen. Also as stated above make sure it's a group size 34.

Top Bottom