2 dumb questions

bowtech50

So in my quest to upgrade my new to me 2013 JKUR I have a couple dumb questions. First when I bought my jeep it had 20000 miles on it and they tried to get me to buy a 1200 dollar rust proof and paint package which I turned down. Do any of you do any kind of preventative rust proofing on these things yourself, and if so what steps do you take. I live in Minnesota where the MNDOT loves to cake our roads with liquid rust. And second. Can anyone tell me what your cab roof height is with 37" tires and your lift? I have a 84" garage door height and plan on the 3" enforcer and 37`s, but only if it fits inside. Thanks for putting up with a newbie!

Brent McCartney

I just got my 2015 JKU and paid $400. For the rust protection under the Jeep. Opted out of the paint protection package as I can wax the paint.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So in my quest to upgrade my new to me 2013 JKUR I have a couple dumb questions. First when I bought my jeep it had 20000 miles on it and they tried to get me to buy a 1200 dollar rust proof and paint package which I turned down. Do any of you do any kind of preventative rust proofing on these things yourself, and if so what steps do you take. I live in Minnesota where the MNDOT loves to cake our roads with liquid rust. And second. Can anyone tell me what your cab roof height is with 37" tires and your lift? I have a 84" garage door height and plan on the 3" enforcer and 37`s, but only if it fits inside. Thanks for putting up with a newbie!

For rust prevention I crawl under the Jeep about once a month and hit areas with Rustoleom. During the winter time you should coat the under carriage with WD-40th as well.

As for the height question. I'm not sure.

Dirt Foot

You are going to be very close on the garage. I have the same set up with a hard top and 35's. My jeep is 76.5"tall. You may want to measure your actual garage door opening. My opening height is only 79.5" 37's should clear though.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
If you're going to be "close" to clearing your garage door, make sure if you have a CB antenna you consider it too (if it projects above your roof).

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have 37s and my coilovers are set at 3.5-4" of lift. I clear my 7' garage entry no problem with hard top and soft top. It's closer on soft top but still a couple inches to spare.

gleno99

I have the 3" enforcer and 37's. My jeep is about 2 inch shorter than my garage. I just measured the garage door at 81.5". I have a factory soft top.

Top Bottom