Build Advice

Akdiesel

Hey guys,
Glad to be here and hoping to build my Jeep well but had questions. I am a newbie and wanted to do it once and be done. I am interested in 37s, flat fenders, stubby bumper, winch, OBA and all the supporting mods. I would really love to run 40s but I don't know that I will ever have the $12k or so needed for Dynatrac 60s. With that said I am considering a PR44 since it is a much more stomach-able price. If I were to lift my current setup (D30/D44) would anything be Interchangeable or would I have to start over up front? Also would a PR44 and built rear stock 44 handle 37s? Knowing what everyone knows now what gear ratio? Daily driver with lots of weekend wheeling...no rock crawling but lots of mud and trails, muskeg and rivers.

Lift: EVO Enforcer...want best ride possible since I run mine roads everyday

Flat fenders: Smittybilt XRC or cut stock flares?

Winch: thinking a Warn power plant due to dual purpose with OBA

Bumper: EVO 1/4 pounder or Rugged Ridge XHD? I'm a big fan of super stubby bumpers like these.

Tire carrier/rear bumper: ?

Anything I've missed...any vendors here offer reasonable shipping to AK? Most places don't consider it US for shipping purposes.

Basically I have a clean 2012 Sahara JKU to do as I please and don't want to redo things over and over. This is my DD so I need to be able to drive it on the street.

Peak

You'll be okay with a PR44 up front if you plan on running 37's. I'd go with 5.13 fears that what I'm running for my 37's. There will be nothing interchangeable axle wise when you go from a 30 to a 44.

Lift: enforcer is great...plan on running that soon hopefully.
Flat fenders: I'd go with cut stock fenders, can easily flex when cut so major body is less likely.
Bumper: EVO 1/4 for sure imo
Tire carrier: really depends if you want a frame or body mounted carrier.
Winch: Powerplant if you want that feature, or if you plan on running lockers you can use an arb twin.
Also I would only get a Powerplant if you get the 1/4 because it sits between the frame rails which will allow more air flow.

If you're going with a 4" enforcer you will most likely need F/R driveshafts, personally I'd go with 1350. Also I control arms, Evo kit come with either upper or lower arms u can't recall atm but you will need the ones it doesn't come with.

Akdiesel

You'll be okay with a PR44 up front if you plan on running 37's. I'd go with 5.13 fears that what I'm running for my 37's. There will be nothing interchangeable axle wise when you go from a 30 to a 44.

Lift: enforcer is great...plan on running that soon hopefully.
Flat fenders: I'd go with cut stock fenders, can easily flex when cut so major body is less likely.
Bumper: EVO 1/4 for sure imo
Tire carrier: really depends if you want a frame or body mounted carrier.
Winch: Powerplant if you want that feature, or if you plan on running lockers you can use an arb twin.
Also I would only get a Powerplant if you get the 1/4 because it sits between the frame rails which will allow more air flow.

If you're going with a 4" enforcer you will most likely need F/R driveshafts, personally I'd go with 1350. Also I control arms, Evo kit come with either upper or lower arms u can't recall atm but you will need the ones it doesn't come with.

Awesome response. I didn't know about the ARB, I will look into that...how does extreme cold affect those air lockers and air systems? I know we have issues in our service trucks at work with ice in the lines so we just dump tanner gas in the lines but I don't know if I'd do that to my personal stuff. Thanks for the driveshaft and control arm info.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually the enforcer comes with front lowers and no other arms are needed unless you have a two door. If you do have a two door you will need rear uppers.

Akdiesel

Actually the enforcer comes with front lowers and no other arms are needed unless you have a two door. If you do have a two door you will need rear uppers.

Glad to hear that. I figure the 2.5 Kings will probably give the best ride..would the Double D be any better of a ride for the money or is the Enforcer the best bang for your buck?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Glad to hear that. I figure the 2.5 Kings will probably give the best ride..would the Double D be any better of a ride for the money or is the Enforcer the best bang for your buck?

Coils and shocks would be the same. It's long arm vs short arm debate. Yea the long arm has better handling on the road.

You would need to decide if it's worth the money, not me.

Akdiesel

Coils and shocks would be the same. It's long arm vs short arm debate. Yea the long arm has better handling on the road.

You would need to decide if it's worth the money, not me.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the short arm vs long arm debate was a hot button haha. I see what you're saying about the differences though. Trying to price it all out and get a solid number to work with for the total build. Need to see how much OT I want to work in what kind of time span.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh okay. Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the short arm vs long arm debate was a hot button haha. I see what you're saying about the differences though. Trying to price it all out and get a solid number to work with for the total build. Need to see how much OT I want to work in what kind of time span.

Really not a hot debate. Some think it's worth it and some don't.

Top Bottom