Stock front D44 - What C Gusset kit to order?

MotoMatthew

What's the hot setup? Quick googling shows different styles - upper and lower.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=c+gusset

Running 35's should I be doing something else besides new ball joints and the C gussets? Are sleeves and/or truss really necessary on the D44 for rock use?

Alignment is showing my front right is already at 0.8 degree bend on camber. Want to keep it from getting worse over time.

Sorry if dumb questions - I'm new!

The Evo c-gussets are a perfect solution. Comes with upper and lower, at a reasonable price. They are very stout.

07JKSahara

I have synergy and they're stout. There are evo on an axle I'm installing, also stout. Id stay away from the rk style just bc of the design. Sleeves and truss are up to you, but they werent important to me, money better spent somewhere else.

Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

What's the hot setup? Quick googling shows different styles - upper and lower.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=c+gusset

Running 35's should I be doing something else besides new ball joints and the C gussets? Are sleeves and/or truss really necessary on the D44 for rock use?

Alignment is showing my front right is already at 0.8 degree bend on camber. Want to keep it from getting worse over time.

Sorry if dumb questions - I'm new!

I did the Artec Industries C gussets and Im pleased. Others have done the Evo ones. They are essentially the same cant really go wrong (The Evo and Artec ones). That being said if I could do it again I would have just bought a new front axle instead of upgrading my stock one. Your lucky and have a rubicon so you can buy the prorock housing and reuse all your stock internals.

JKsix

Random question. How long can you run 37s on stock rubi d44s with 5.38 gears? I apologize if this has been answered on a different thread.

sean.m.adams33

Random question. How long can you run 37s on stock rubi d44s with 5.38 gears? I apologize if this has been answered on a different thread.

It all depends on how hard you are on your rig. You can run them forever if you aren't wheeling much.

07JKSahara

I will be doing moderate wheeling every three months in the PNW. Might try to make a Moab or rubicon trip as well...

Depends on your driving. They could last 2 obstacles or 2 years. There's a ton of factors that go into it. All depends on your willingness to remove them on the trail, and get home.

twoxstreem

EVO gussets are easier to install and weld than Synergy. The top Synergy gusset is slightly longer and sits below the coil pocket because of this it requires removal of the coil to weld them in where as the EVO just fall right into place, tac and weld.

CrazyLarry

Ive been running the evo gussets and control arm skids since 2010. The gussets are top notch no question. Whats really impressed me is the durability of the control arm skids. Holy shit those things have taken some serious hits and there is zero signs of bending. Op if I were you when you get your gussets pick up the control skids as well. Those and a tracbar bracket are the only things I have welded onto my 44 and would weld on to my 44

07JKSahara

EVO gussets are easier to install and weld than Synergy. The top Synergy gusset is slightly longer and sits below the coil pocket because of this it requires removal of the coil to weld them in where as the EVO just fall right into place, tac and weld.

Didn't know this, but good info. Matt, good plan to keep the ball joints cool.

Napalm

I'm having Synergy C Gussets welded on as we speak.. They seem stout.

Can't wait to finally have the piece of mind.

MotoMatthew

I got the Evo c gussets and front lower control arm skids on. I also fabbed my first thing ever. Cut off and relocated rear shock mounts up about 1.5 inches and made a steel skid for the bottom. Lots more clearance now. Measured it and shock shouldn't bottom out. Will test later.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435967810.087307.jpg

Top Bottom