Skid plate & exhaust spacer issue

Jtvegas

Had a transmission-oil skid armor installed on my jkur ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433441474.126300.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433441505.929701.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433441528.261423.jpg and it ended up hitting the exhaust pipe creating vibes. So the temp solution was (shim) adding a spacer. However for the pipe not to contact they used a half inch spacer causing me to lose clearance? Any ideas?

MotoMatthew

Maybe try looking into the AFE Y pipe kit. It might move everything out of the way. But smarter people than me should confirm.

Spudcannons

Maybe try looking into the AFE Y pipe kit. It might move everything out of the way. But smarter people than me should confirm.

I have that AFE kit but proteck skids and everything works perfectly. The AFE kit does a great job getting the pipe away from the driveshaft boot.

AZRockJK

Just curious what driveshaft yall have been picking up. I was going to go the exhaust spacer route at first but I know replacing the driveshaft is the better option here as the lift puts more strain on the factory driveshaft anyway.

Top Bottom