Rear track bar bracket options

kyle521

So I ripped my rock krawler rear track bar completely off and it took 75% of the stock bracket with it. Any recommendations on a new bracket? Or do you think I should try re-welding back on. It was only bolted on before. IMG_0314.jpg

Last edited:

SFNick

So I ripped my rock krawler rear track bar completely off and it took 75% of the stock bracket with it. Any recommendations on a new bracket? Or do you think I should try re-welding back on. It was only bolted on before.

No pic didn't happen! Lol EVO Track bar bracket works great for me.

Edit: Ive also ran a Metal Cloak bracket & it worked great as well.

Last edited:
Most aftermarket brackets use the sock one to at least locate the new bracket. It seems silly to weld on the turd stock bracket only to bolt another around it....

Artec makes a full weld on bracket that I have used before.

http://www.artecindustries.com/JK-Rear-Tracbar-Bracket_p_348.html

rear-tracbar1.jpg

Edit to add that this is a fairly common issue with the bracket you have. Especially when only bolted. I think I would take the opportunity to upgrade.

Also, I now have the EVO bracket on my Jeep because I had a bad roll bump issue with the Metalcloak bracket and bar (you have to use their bar with their bracket) so I would avoid it.

Last edited:

kyle521

I guess my two options are buying a new weld on one that does not use the stock bracket, or trying to weld on the stock one and then weld on the existing rock krawler bracket. Nothing will be bolted back on, only welding this time

I guess my two options are buying a new weld on one that does not use the stock bracket, or trying to weld on the stock one and then weld on the existing rock krawler bracket. Nothing will be bolted back on, only welding this time

^^^I edited my post to add a few comments while you were typing (sorry)

SFNick

Most aftermarket brackets use the sock one to at least locate the new bracket. It seems silly to weld on the turd stock bracket only to bolt another around it....

Artec makes a full weld on bracket that I have used before.

http://www.artecindustries.com/JK-Rear-Tracbar-Bracket_p_348.html

rear-tracbar1.jpg

Edit to add that this is a fairly common issue with the bracket you have. Especially when only bolted. I think I would take the opportunity to upgrade.

Also, I now have the EVO bracket on my Jeep because I had a bad roll bump issue with the Metalcloak bracket and bar (you have to use their bar with their bracket) so I would avoid it.

Actually, you can run the MC bracket with a stock track bar. I've never had any roll center issues with it but hated the way it was attached to the axle. Plus it wasn't compatible with the EVO bolt on coilover Kit. I don't think he would have any problems welding on a EVO track bar if he decided to go that route.

Actually, you can run the MC bracket with a stock track bar. I've never had any roll center issues with it but hated the way it was attached to the axle. Plus it wasn't compatible with the EVO bolt on coilover Kit. I don't think he would have any problems welding on a EVO track bar if he decided to go that route.

You must not be running the stock exhaust, or you had their first bracket design. The 2nd gen bracket is taller than the first and a straight or the stock bar will hit the stock exhaust at driver rear stuff. You'll notice a downward bent on the bracket side of their bar to eleviate the contact point.

SFNick

You must not be running the stock exhaust, or you had their first bracket design. The 2nd gen bracket is taller than the first and a straight or the stock bar will hit the stock exhaust at driver rear stuff. You'll notice a downward bent on the bracket side of their bar to eleviate the contact point.

You may be correct there. I do have a after market exhaust & I can see where a stock exhaust would hit. But according to their site it will work but that's not saying it's correct either. Lol

You may be correct there. I do have a after market exhaust & I can see where a stock exhaust would hit. But according to their site it will work but that's not saying it's correct either. Lol

Oh, I don't know.... maybe they've changed it again. I know I wasn't the only one to recieve a bracket shortly after the redesign and have roll bump.

SFNick

Oh, I don't know.... maybe they've changed it again. I know I wasn't the only one to recieve a bracket shortly after the redesign and have roll bump.

I've heard of others having the same issue either way I agree with you on getting a weld on track bar. 👍🏻

jkwebbie

I have the Artec bracket. I haven't installed it yet because I'm still waiting on parts for my lift but the bracket is BEEFY! And Artec makes some good quality stuff

aldaman

Was the RK bracket just bolted on or welded on as well before it got ripped off?

Thanks.

kyle521

So I welded it back in place for a temporary fix so I can at least drive on the road for now. Does anyone know where I can get the evo relocation bracket from? Havent found it anywhere. Im between the evo and the artec industries one

jkwebbie

So I welded it back in place for a temporary fix so I can at least drive on the road for now. Does anyone know where I can get the evo relocation bracket from? Havent found it anywhere. Im between the evo and the artec industries one

Have you looked on evos website? Lol

kyle521

Thanks, dont know why I didnt see it before:thinking:.
Do you guys think the evo bracket is worth almost triple the price of the artec one. I plan on swapping these axles out anyways once I graduate in a few years and have money.

Top Bottom