Swaybars

Voodoo Actual

Other than the Currie Rock Jock what do y'all recommend?

The RJ does not need to be disconnected, which is nice.

Teraflex makes some sort or street/trail system that had a manual disconnect - I don't know too much about this one.

Because of issues I've had in not to enthusiastic about the factory e-disconnect.

Thoughts/suggestions?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Evo No Limits. Gets rid of the Rubicon motor and makes it manual. A few turns of the knob and you are disconnected.

07JKSahara

Oh, sorry. I thought you had a rubi. In that case, you'd have to get a rubicon sway bar for the no limits. In the case of a sport sway bar, best bet is probably manually discos. JKS makes good ones.

Voodoo Actual

Oh, sorry. I thought you had a rubi. In that case, you'd have to get a rubicon sway bar for the no limits. In the case of a sport sway bar, best bet is probably manually discos. JKS makes good ones.

I do have a Rubicon. It is nothing but problems so I am considering a non Rubicon as a replacement.

TheDuff

I do have a Rubicon. It is nothing but problems so I am considering a non Rubicon as a replacement.

As mentioned the evo no limits is your best bet. It gets rid of the motor on the rubi sway bar system. No the limits will only work with the rubi sway bar.
From personal experience the Tera flex kit is junk.
I have heard more negative than positive things about the anti rock front sway bar.
All in all I would personally not give up the convenience of the rubi sway bar and suggest the evo part, cause there is nothing quick about "quick disconnects" (except maybe frustration). I help people do them every run, it's always a pita and usually ends with people having to stand on a bumper to help line the links up.

jedg

Evo No Limits. Gets rid of the Rubicon motor and makes it manual. A few turns of the knob and you are disconnected.

^^^^ This. I have a rubicon e-disco... had trouble with the motor. Replaced it with the EVO No Limits.. simple to install. Works great. No headaches with trying to reconnect via sway bar links.

Really one of the easiest and best pieces of kit I've installed on my rig.

jedg

I'll trade you my non rubi for your rubi straight up. :thumb:

Hey, if he says no, I know of a fellow local to me ( Evansville, IN ) that is looking to get rid of his Rubicon e-disco for a standard sway bar. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you in contact with him.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey, if he says no, I know of a fellow local to me ( Evansville, IN ) that is looking to get rid of his Rubicon e-disco for a standard sway bar. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you in contact with him.

I'll do it with anyone. I'll pay to ship mine after I receive theirs.

Voodoo Actual

What's the issue now? Did you ever get the pulling issue fixed?

No. It was never fixed.

I'll trade you my non rubi for your rubi straight up. :thumb:

You wouldn't be pleased with the swap.

As mentioned the evo no limits is your best bet. It gets rid of the motor on the rubi sway bar system. No the limits will only work with the rubi sway bar.
From personal experience the Tera flex kit is junk.
I have heard more negative than positive things about the anti rock front sway bar.
All in all I would personally not give up the convenience of the rubi sway bar and suggest the evo part, cause there is nothing quick about "quick disconnects" (except maybe frustration). I help people do them every run, it's always a pita and usually ends with people having to stand on a bumper to help line the links up.

I understand. However I'm considering a non Rubicon because I've had so many reliability issues with a Rubicon.

Voodoo Actual

Im not following what exactly about the sway bar is giving you issues...

Without getting into it, there has been many occasions where it wouldn't hook up. If you driving along at highway speed with what you believe to be a connected swaybar and it isn't, you're vehicle maneuvers become mildly entertaining.

Top Bottom