Exhaust vs Warranty

JKU EXTREME

So! I want to put an exhaust on, but not just your typical run of the mill exhaust. I talked to one of the service guys at the local Stealership and he said that the exhaust that I was wanting may void my warranty, I just want to know if anyone here can either Clear it up or Steer me in a better direction.
I'm wanting to do a resonator delete, 3" X-Pipe, with twin (duh) 6"x3" dynomax bullet mufflers, with it exiting about where the Dynomax Evolution exhaust (I believe at, or just before the rear axle). So if anyone could help me out, that would be terrific!
Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you are going to take it to the local shop for warranty work and they have already told you the exhaust may void your warranty, 1) I think you have your answer and 2) nobody on here will be able tell you anything different that will change that.

My :twocents:

JKU EXTREME

If you are going to take it to the local shop for warranty work and they have already told you the exhaust may void your warranty, 1) I think you have your answer and 2) nobody on here will be able tell you anything different that will change that.

My :twocents:

He wasn't sure about the exhaust, he still hasn't gotten back to me. I was just curious to know if anyone had any experience with modifying their exhaust that then caused trouble with the warranty.
But thank you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
He wasn't sure about the exhaust, he still hasn't gotten back to me. I was just curious to know if anyone had any experience with modifying their exhaust that then caused trouble with the warranty.
But thank you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind

I would agree with MTG but it is all up to the dealership and ultimately the Chrysler rep that takes care of your claim.

JAGS

Hooked
Anything you modify can void the warranty. They will/have void and red flagged for engine work because of a lift and tires. You think if you modify something actually connected to the engine, it would be any different. That's a risk only you can make, your Jeep, your money.

JKU EXTREME

Turns out so Long as I don't touch/upgrade the CAT I'm fine. Wasn't planning on touching it anyway. Yay!:blush:

Top Bottom