G2 VS Ten Factory front Axle shafts

NM2012CherryJK

Going to be ordering some front axles today what does everyone prefer G2 VS Ten Factory front Axle shafts. Thank you. going to me getting EVO 44 Magnum Sealed JK Axle Sleeves and EVO JK ProTek D44 Front Axle Truss.

utiadam

LOSER
Going to be ordering some front axles today what does everyone prefer G2 VS Ten Factory front Axle shafts. Thank you. going to me getting EVO 44 Magnum Sealed JK Axle Sleeves and EVO JK ProTek D44 Front Axle Truss.

Curious to see responses on this as well. I have the rear Evo truss right now but havent done the front. I know trusses and sleeves dont guarantee anything but for $300 or so for both on the front maybe it will slow down the bending or breaking process. I was planning on the Ten Factory shafts front and rear but I dont see the package deal anymore for rubicon models on Northridge.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, if it were me, I would do yourself a favor and save your money until you need to upgrade your axle or can afford to get something better like a Dynatrac ProRock 44. Sleeves and trusses are a big waste of money and they'll STILL allow your axle housing to bend. Heck, more times than not, I have seen where the installation of a truss CAUSED the bend. That being said, a bent housing is no big deal and it won't leave you high and dry on the trail the way a blown ring and pinion will.

New shafts with full circle clips are a good investment though and I'm pretty sure the Ten's come with full circle clips. The gold G2's should too and last I checked, they were made by Foote which is here in the USA.

EZ-E

I can't speak on the ten factory shafts, but I've got the g2 shafts Frt&Rr running 37's. Haven't had any issues with them thus far. Seem to be holding up well to the abuse. And they do have full circle clips. I can't imagine either option is a bad one though.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
When I purchased my front PR44 housing from ORE I upgraded to chromoly shafts and they sold me G2 shafts. I looked at the gold shafts but they aren't available for a stock rubicon only 35 spline. I really don't know if there is a difference between brands as long as they have the full circle clips.

Also I should note that I had the EVO sleeves and my factory 44 housing still bent. I agree with eddie that you should save the money for a better axle rather than spend any more money on the factory unit.

Last edited:

NM2012CherryJK

Honestly, if it were me, I would do yourself a favor and save your money until you need to upgrade your axle or can afford to get something better like a Dynatrac ProRock 44. Sleeves and trusses are a big waste of money and they'll STILL allow your axle housing to bend. Heck, more times than not, I have seen where the installation of a truss CAUSED the bend. That being said, a bent housing is no big deal and it won't leave you high and dry on the trail the way a blown ring and pinion will.

New shafts with full circle clips are a good investment though and I'm pretty sure the Ten's come with full circle clips. The gold G2's should too and last I checked, they were made by Foote which is here in the USA.

Okay cool thanks for the input I had the front apart right now have the drag link and tie rod off and putting on the drag link flip kit from EVO so I figured I would add the sleeves and trusss put if it wont help that much I wont waste the money. I have C gussets on now Ill just leave as is till I need to replace the axle with a ProRock44. I have to take the track bar out as the person that had put the lift on before I got the Jeep put a track bar drop bracket on the frame side and welded it to it so I have to cut all that out and put it back to stock. Thank you for the input. I think with that money Ill get the 4 inch EVO Plush rides as I want to run 37's in the end.

NM2012CherryJK

I can't speak on the ten factory shafts, but I've got the g2 shafts Frt&Rr running 37's. Haven't had any issues with them thus far. Seem to be holding up well to the abuse. And they do have full circle clips. I can't imagine either option is a bad one though.

Great I was leaning towards the G2 shafts thanks!!

NM2012CherryJK

When I purchased my front PR44 housing from ORE I upgraded to chromoly shafts and they sold me G2 shafts. I looked at the gold shafts but they aren't available for a stock rubicon only 35 spline. I really don't know if there is a difference between brands as long as they have the full circle clips.

Also I should note that I had the EVO sleeves and my factory 44 housing still bent. I agree with eddie that you should save the money for a better axle rather than spend any more money on the factory unit.

Cool I do plan on getting a ProRock44 I'll keep as is and save for the ProRock. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would anyone recommend Reid steering knuckles as I will be replacing the axle shafts? Thank you.

What do you suppose a set of orange knuckles will do for you? Raise your tie rod (the one you will still hit no matter what) about an inch? Save your money and if anything, buy an HD tie-rod that can take a hit. Me personally, I prefer Currie as there's nothing better or stronger out there for the Dana 44 and I have tested out a few.

NM2012CherryJK

What do you suppose a set of orange knuckles will do for you? Raise your tie rod (the one you will still hit no matter what) about an inch? Save your money and if anything, buy an HD tie-rod that can take a hit. Me personally, I prefer Currie as there's nothing better or stronger out there for the Dana 44 and I have tested out a few.

Okay cool that's what I got i had bent my tie-rod. I'll use that money I had saved for the axle and knuckles and get the Currie control arms.Thanks.

Last edited:

NM2012CherryJK

Curious to see responses on this as well. I have the rear Evo truss right now but havent done the front. I know trusses and sleeves dont guarantee anything but for $300 or so for both on the front maybe it will slow down the bending or breaking process. I was planning on the Ten Factory shafts front and rear but I dont see the package deal anymore for rubicon models on Northridge.

Here's the link for the package deal from Northridge http://www.northridge4x4.com/drivet...4-rear-dana-44-front-chromoly-axles-shafts-1?

TheDuff

I have witnessed a rear gold g2 shaft break. Broke right at the splines and made for a not too fun evening. I know that anything can break, just sharing what I saw, since g2 claims the gold shafts to be the strongest things our there:p

NM2012CherryJK

I have witnessed a rear gold g2 shaft break. Broke right at the splines and made for a not too fun evening. I know that anything can break, just sharing what I saw, since g2 claims the gold shafts to be the strongest things our there:p

Good to know. I'm going to go with the Ten Factory shafts front and rear and Currie control arms for the front so I can get rid of the drop brackets.

Ten Factory's warranty is the best around. They will replace the shaft no matter what happens. U-joint breaks, Bent Flange , Twisted splines ect.

I understand that a warranty is no good on the trail but we have had pretty good success with Ten factory.

David

TheDuff

Just for reference
He was trying to crawl this obstacle (similarly built 2 door like one in the photo). I'd also like to advise getting some extra flanges for the rear to have installed on your new shafts. That way your stock ones are
ready-to-go spares, cause trying to remove the bearings from the old shaft to retrieve the flange is a nightmare... then trying to press the new bearings on in the middle of no where is even more of a nightmare lol

Attachments

• 1433525444238.jpg
    1433525444238.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1433525728422.jpg
    1433525728422.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 1433525967811.jpg
    1433525967811.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 80

NM2012CherryJK

Ten Factory's warranty is the best around. They will replace the shaft no matter what happens. U-joint breaks, Bent Flange , Twisted splines ect.

I understand that a warranty is no good on the trail but we have had pretty good success with Ten factory.

David

They are full circle C-Clips correct? Thank you. Will be placing my order with you guys today.

Top Bottom