JKUR Rear Bumper Tire Carrier

indobos72

Hello All!
First time post so bare with me. I am looking to upgrade wheels and tires and was wondering what most people were going with to carry the oversized ear tire. I will be going with a 2.5" Teraflex or AEV lift and wondering what my options were. Can you post pics with your bumper and tire carrier options? Also if you can advise if either of these lifts will have less sag with the extra weight, that would be great. Thanks for your time and help.

P.S. I did try the search option and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Brian

MarkW13

Hello All!
First time post so bare with me. I am looking to upgrade wheels and tires and was wondering what most people were going with to carry the oversized ear tire. I will be going with a 2.5" Teraflex or AEV lift and wondering what my options were. Can you post pics with your bumper and tire carrier options? Also if you can advise if either of these lifts will have less sag with the extra weight, that would be great. Thanks for your time and help.

P.S. I did try the search option and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome!!

The real question is, what is your end result? I had an aev budget boost (spacers). The spacers were fine, but one of the shock extension brackets was real bad. I had to do some serious modifying. I know the 2.5" lift comes with shocks, but the bracket has me a little concerned.

I digress. You really should try to figure out what you want from your jeep. Tire size has a huge impact on your lift height. You should be able to run 35's with flat fenders on that 2.5" lift. If you ever want 37's, you will be buying another lift. Also consider where you want to drive it.

Try to create a vision, then start buying.

I'm running an LOD rear tire carrier. I had it on the 2" BB with no issues.

I highly suggest a bb option to try out the setup. Its only about $200 for parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom