Rare 2010 JKU color

Bird Dog 36

I just bought a 2010 JKU, and its color is Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat. I haven't seen that color before on a JKU, so I did some reading online, and I found a couple of posts that said the color was only produced for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any info to support/refute that? Also, is there any info on how many 2010 jeeps were made with the possible exterior colors?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just bought a 2010 JKU, and its color is Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat. I haven't seen that color before on a JKU, so I did some reading online, and I found a couple of posts that said the color was only produced for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any info to support/refute that? Also, is there any info on how many 2010 jeeps were made with the possible exterior colors?

Yup, what you've read is correct and Drew@OffRoadEvolution has one too. You're probably the 3rd Jeep that I know of with this color.

dchew

Caught the Bug
In 2010 I placed an order for a JKUR with that color. Got a call from the dealership while I was boarding a plane saying they were about to paint my Jeep but "ran out" of that color. I had to pick another color right then on the spot.

I'm still pissed about that! Loved that color.

metalic

In 2010 I placed an order for a JKUR with that color. Got a call from the dealership while I was boarding a plane saying they were about to paint my Jeep but "ran out" of that color. I had to pick another color right then on the spot.

I'm still pissed about that! Loved that color.

How do you just run out of that color of paint being that size of company.

dchew

Caught the Bug
How do you just run out of that color of paint being that size of company.

Exactly. I doubt that was the real story. Probably my order got through without someone checking that they had already cancelled that color. IDK

No way it should have gotten that far.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that rvaught here on the forum is in paint at the TAC. Maybe he can shed some light on the matter.

Clark Collins

Mine is that color

My 2010 is that color and I had no idea it was that rare. I really like it. Most people would say my Jeep is black, and in most photos it looks black.

Speaking of Jeep paint. It seems to me that they have really tough paint. I took a friend in his Toyota pick up wheeling in the desert near here and the "pin striping" really took its toll on his Toy. Mine has lots of "pin striping" but it all looks like it would buff out if I ever wanted to. If and when I trade it in I'll do that, but was just wondering if others have had similar experiences wheeling with other brands.

DSCF2366 (800x450).jpg DSCF1832 (800x450).jpg

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
That's the color I wanted but couldn't get, they had a sport that color but not a rubicon when I was buying my jeep so I ended up getting the natural green pearlcoat color.

MrHooah04

My 2010 is that color and I had no idea it was that rare. I really like it. Most people would say my Jeep is black, and in most photos it looks black.

Speaking of Jeep paint. It seems to me that they have really tough paint. I took a friend in his Toyota pick up wheeling in the desert near here and the "pin striping" really took its toll on his Toy. Mine has lots of "pin striping" but it all looks like it would buff out if I ever wanted to. If and when I trade it in I'll do that, but was just wondering if others have had similar experiences wheeling with other brands.

View attachment 147608 View attachment 147609

Definitely an awesome color for sure!

Bird Dog 36

Here are a couple of pics.

It has a 3" TeraFlex lift, TeraFlex Swaybar Quick Disconnect, AEV Caster Correction brackets, and is rolling on 35" BFG MTs.

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 266

JT2012Jk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434940411.201039.jpg

Love the paint. When I bought my a couple years ago I instantly fell in love with the color. The dealership said they had never seen one in that color there before.

OJK12

Wow! I did not know there was a color that was that limited. Anyone know approximately how many jeeps were produced in that time?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Congrats! Awesome color for sure, and very rare! I wanted one for a while, which is one of the reasons I jumped on Granite Crystal when it became available for only 1 year. There is a thread in the stickies for Dark Charcoal on here as well. I think there are maybe 3 or 4 total, so not many around! Congrats again!

Top Bottom