Exhaust loop delete on 2012-2015

jeeper52

LOSER
Hey guys i tried to bend/dent the factory loop to get it to clear the Evo high clearance bracket in the front. I pretty much destroyed it trying to get it to fit so i cut it off and went to replace it with a magnaflow delete pipe but it doesn't fit because the bend on it is at the wrong angle. Since then ive been doing a little research on the loop delete and have heard nothing but problems. It makes since that the loop is there to make up the difference in length from the passenger side but i dont see how it can be used? Let me know what you guys have done. Thanks!

MarkW13

Hey guys i tried to bend/dent the factory loop to get it to clear the Evo high clearance bracket in the front. I pretty much destroyed it trying to get it to fit so i cut it off and went to replace it with a magnaflow delete pipe but it doesn't fit because the bend on it is at the wrong angle. Since then ive been doing a little research on the loop delete and have heard nothing but problems. It makes since that the loop is there to make up the difference in length from the passenger side but i dont see how it can be used? Let me know what you guys have done. Thanks!

The videos I have seen cut the loop in a couple of segments, then re-weld it so that the length isnt lost. I think you probably should just go to an exhaust shop at this point to see if they can custom make something that will work.

Edit:

http://youtu.be/_FEl7uOo6X0

Just saw this on you tube.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Since you destroyed yours, the next thing I can think of is (don't laugh) rough country makes one.

jeeper52

LOSER
Yeah i might have to. I did see that rough country makes a loop relocation kit. This might be a good option?

Attachments

• $_1-1.jpg
    $_1-1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 291

jeeper52

LOSER
I was a little late lol. Does anyone run the rough country kit with their evo high clearance bracket? I wonder if it will fit?

olram30

I don't have long arms, or high clearance ones. But are evo high clearance arms front and back it just rear?

jeeper52

LOSER
I don't have long arms, or high clearance ones. But are evo high clearance arms front and back it just rear?

They are front and back. This is what it looked like before u cut it off. It cleared the top but i think when the axle traveled up the long arm would come in contact with the bottom of the loop.

Attachments

• yimg-64859597-1--1010430340.jpg
    yimg-64859597-1--1010430340.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 255

olram30

I think most people cut that section then weld it on backwards. Or something like that. Rubicat build thread shows how Eddie ended up doing his.But since you messed yours up, hard to say.

Attachments

• 1433620048093.jpg
    1433620048093.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 263

K.D.C.H

Since you destroyed yours, the next thing I can think of is (don't laugh) rough country makes one.

Yeah i might have to. I did see that rough country makes a loop relocation kit. This might be a good option?

Just FYI that loop won't work with the EVO long arm kit.

I have the EVO long arm kit, ordered the Rough Country exhaust loop and it didn't work. The EVO bracket sits right where the loops needs to go.

I know Rough Country's site says it works with long arm kits but their long arm kit bracket isn't mounted in the same place. The upper control arms connect to the lowers so that means their no bracket to interfere with their exhaust loop.

Here's the front long arm rough country kit and you'll see what I'm talking about

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433623339.265555.jpg

jeeper52

LOSER
Also while we are on the subject of Evo high clearance long arms, how does the fuel tank skid mount where the new bracket goes?

K.D.C.H

Yep i see what you are talking about. What did you use then?

Just like in Eddie's write up, you cut the loop out, flip it around, refit and weld it back in. It may take a little massaging but it will work.

What you don't want to do it just cut it out and put in one of those loop delete pipes. Part of the design of that 3.6 is reliant on that loop being there.

jeeper52

LOSER
Just like in Eddie's write up, you cut the loop out, flip it around, refit and weld it back in. It may take a little massaging but it will work.

What you don't want to do it just cut it out and put in one of those loop delete pipes. Part of the design of that 3.6 is reliant on that loop being there.

So when you cut out the loop delete how do you re attach it? Do you also cut off the flange part that bolts to the y pipe and re weld it once you flip it?

jeeper52

LOSER
Also how can i find his write up so i can see what you guys are talking about so i can have a better idea?

Top Bottom