Fuse Box Wiring

Warebear

Question! I am installing my CB, and was planning on running the hot to a fuse. I bought a fuse tapper for it, but now I don't know how to get the wire into the fuse box. It has a seal on the lid that makes a water tight seal when closed, so I can't just run it under the lid. Is there any ways to get the wire in? For now I just put it on the battery.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
First, why not just keep it as a direct battery run?

Second, I you are going to tap, drill a hole on the side of the fuse box below where the lid will sit, pull the wire through, then seal the hole with silicone/rtv/etc. I've pulled the wire through the fin near where the hot power cable bolts on to the fuse box.

Clark Collins

I wish I had wired my CB direct to the battery or at least to an "always hot" fuse. I don't know if all CBs are the same, but mine always goes back to 19 every time I turn the Jeep off on a run. It's a pain to always have to reset to the channel we are running on and I often forget to do that.

Warebear

First, why not just keep it as a direct battery run?

Second, I you are going to tap, drill a hole on the side of the fuse box below where the lid will sit, pull the wire through, then seal the hole with silicone/rtv/etc. I've pulled the wire through the fin near where the hot power cable bolts on to the fuse box.

Well I just think it looks a little sloppy, but it seems to be working good. Everything else electrical I do, I'll run to a switch pros box but the cb doesn't need a switch. Didn't think about the silicone idea I might try that if I decide to move it from the battery. Thanks yall

Top Bottom