Man Missing Since Halloween Found Dead in the Desert

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if any of you know Todd Hansen but, he apparently was a Jeeper, had been missing since Halloween and was recently found dead out in the open desert around Lucerne Valley...

Man Missing Since Halloween Found Dead in the Desert
Authorities confirmed Monday that a body found in a rural area has been identified as an Orange County man who went missing Oct. 31.

mdrgh9-b781027995z.120121119163626000god1b92bu.2.jpg

The body of Todd Hansen, 43, was found in open desert in the Lucerne Valley about 3:30 p.m. Sunday, said Lisa Denardo, a San Bernardino County deputy coroner investigator.

Authorities have found the body of Todd Hansen in the Lucerne Valley.

Orange County authorities say Hansen contacted his employer by email Oct. 31, saying that he wasn't feeling well and was going to an emergency room to seek medical treatment.

Hansen's friends and family became worried after not hearing from him for several days. Orange County Sheriff's Department investigators later learned that there was no record of Hansen visiting a local hospital.

Last week, Sheriff's Department officials released a description of Hansen and his distinctive 1961 vintage Jeep "Willys" truck, hoping someone had seen him or the vehicle.

Coroner's officials have not yet carried out an autopsy of Hansen's body, Denardo said. While the cause of his death has not been officially determined, authorities said foul play is not suspected.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So how did he die?
Jeeping?

not sure. i tried looking for more info but couldn't find anything yet. it is hard not to think he just played hookie from work, never bothered to tell anyone where he was going, broke down and died because of it. of course, he could of just headed out to the desert to kill himself. sad either way.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
not sure. i tried looking for more info but couldn't find anything yet. it is hard not to think he just played hookie from work, never bothered to tell anyone where he was going, broke down and died because of it. of course, he could of just headed out to the desert to kill himself. sad either way.

Defiantly sad. Thats one thing I do is always let someone know that plan.

Trail Bud

Hooked

Bad way to end up just for playing hookie.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
While I feel for his family and friends, maybe he had some terminal problem and just wanted to die happy in his Jeep on the jeep trails... You just never know. I always try to think positive. Hope his family will be alright.

Top Bottom