Anyone run these LED "fog" bulbs with TL's?

REKLESS-RED

I just ordered my TL's from NR4x4. I will likely be running the factory front bumper for awhile and am looking for a decent match. I've seen many of the LED Fog threads but am not sure these are any better or worse than those listed.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8ZNJ2Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A126Q4T86JLNL

Thanks in advance!

They will be a pretty close match for color to oncoming traffic but as for actual light output they are useless.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I just ordered my TL's from NR4x4. I will likely be running the factory front bumper for awhile and am looking for a decent match. I've seen many of the LED Fog threads but am not sure these are any better or worse than those listed.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8ZNJ2Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A126Q4T86JLNL

Thanks in advance!

I run these ones and they match my TLs.

http://www.amazon.com/Bright-H16-52...sim_263_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=112JHX5ZMN7R0TESTF28

07JKSahara

Yup, have them. They match the light output perfectly, but as said are useless for actual light.

Edit, that's them in my avatar with TLS and hid lights.

Mtbhjm

I got these Putco fog lights and they match perfectly. They put out a decent amount of light too, definitely a good supplement to the TL headlights.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433860383.637439.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433860438.788280.jpg

USMC Wrangler

They will be a pretty close match for color to oncoming traffic but as for actual light output they are useless.

Yup, have them. They match the light output perfectly, but as said are useless for actual light.

Edit, that's them in my avatar with TLS and hid lights.

Yeah, I guess I'm going for looks since it sounds like the TL's do great by themselves and actual replacements are outside the budget after the TL order. Sure, I could just drive without them on, but I do like the look of the "fogs" on too...for better or worse. Can I assume it's like the headlights? Reflectors don't match up well with the LED replacements? <<Maybe that doesn't matter. Just curious...

How are those as far as light output?

I got these Putco fog lights and they match perfectly. They put out a decent amount of light too, definitely a good supplement to the TL headlights.
View attachment 147992 View attachment 147993

I searched online but can't seem to find a match without the part number. I'd like to look them over. Thanks!

USMC Wrangler

Putco 25PSX24 Optic 360 H20 High power LED fog lamp bulb. On amazon for $74.37 prime. I have them on a 2014 and they match well with TLs. Easy install too.

Thanks. I see the same reviews for these, light goes everywhere. What's your opinion?

It seems if I'm going for looks the lower priced ones are the better option. If I want functional LED fogs, I'll need a whole set, housings and bulbs. Does that sound about right?

Bunz-o-fun

Thanks. I see the same reviews for these, light goes everywhere. What's your opinion?

It seems if I'm going for looks the lower priced ones are the better option. If I want functional LED fogs, I'll need a whole set, housings and bulbs. Does that sound about right?

That's about right. A good functioning LED fog with housing, bulb, good light dispersion and color temp will get pricey. jW speaker makes a great fog but it's $300+.
The putco gives off a great color match for the TLs and is WAY brighter than stock, but it does go everywhere. You can try to aim the stock housing a little lower if that bothers you. Or get a quality replacement like a JWS fog.

07JKSahara

Mine were def under $40. Don't remover exactly. Mostly vanity, but I guess some light is given off... But e everywhere.

Mtbhjm

I ran just the fogs one night to see how they would do and while most of the light does hit the road there is still a decent amount of light that goes everywhere. I kind of like the light being spread out though because the TLs have the road covered very well but the fog spread gives you more vertical lighting and light just ahead of the bumper. I think it's worth the money for the Putco fogs, but that's just my opinion, if you only want them for looks then you might want to save some money and get a cheaper set. I imagine if you spent the money for a full replacement (like the JW Speaker) you would get what you pay for but I wasn't about to drop another few hundred dollars for that.

USMC Wrangler

That's about right. A good functioning LED fog with housing, bulb, good light dispersion and color temp will get pricey. jW speaker makes a great fog but it's $300+.
The putco gives off a great color match for the TLs and is WAY brighter than stock, but it does go everywhere. You can try to aim the stock housing a little lower if that bothers you. Or get a quality replacement like a JWS fog.

Mine were def under $40. Don't remover exactly. Mostly vanity, but I guess some light is given off... But e everywhere.

I ran just the fogs one night to see how they would do and while most of the light does hit the road there is still a decent amount of light that goes everywhere. I kind of like the light being spread out though because the TLs have the road covered very well but the fog spread gives you more vertical lighting and light just ahead of the bumper. I think it's worth the money for the Putco fogs, but that's just my opinion, if you only want them for looks then you might want to save some money and get a cheaper set. I imagine if you spent the money for a full replacement (like the JW Speaker) you would get what you pay for but I wasn't about to drop another few hundred dollars for that.

Thanks. I appreciate everyone's responses. That does help. I may go with the Putco's but will post some pics with whatever I finally decide on. I did see several complete replacement kits and they are out of my range right now. I'm guessing all the bulb replacements give off better light than stock. Thanks again!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
How are those as far as light output?

They are brighter than the stock ones, but nothing to write home about. I could stand that I didn't have matching lights.:crazyeyes: Eventually, I'll up grade to a small light bar or something and wire it to the flog light switch.

Mastermind

Thanks in advance!

I replaced my wife's halogen headlight bulbs with a set of LED bulbs that actually have some excellent color and output. Way brighter than the halogen bulbs. They have different sizes and mounts so you could get the ones for the bumper dogs easy. You have to watch for the power output to get the brightest ones. These are a combined 90W if I remember correctly. They are less than $100 for the pair with a good warranty. I ended up putting one in my bike also! need to do her fogs next...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433944087.414501.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433944126.456119.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433944259.004240.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I replaced my wife's halogen headlight bulbs with a set of LED bulbs that actually have some excellent color and output. Way brighter than the halogen bulbs. They have different sizes and mounts so you could get the ones for the bumper dogs easy. You have to watch for the power output to get the brightest ones. These are a combined 90W if I remember correctly. They are less than $100 for the pair with a good warranty. I ended up putting one in my bike also! need to do her fogs next...

I'd love to check them out. Do you have a manufacturer I can start my search with? Thanks

USMC Wrangler

I really didn't have my mind made up when I started this thread, but I went with the ones on amazon I initially asked about. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rect=true&psc=1&smid=A126Q4T86JLNL&pldnSite=1 I chalk it up to my lack of patience at times. They should arrive Tues and I hope to install all the new lighting Wednesday.

I did save the Putco's in my wishlist in case the cheap ones don't satisfy me. Again, thanks everyone for your feedback and advice. :beer:

USMC Wrangler

Sorry I didn't update this sooner, but here is the outcome with the TL's and those fog light bulbs. The picture makes the fog bulbs look whiter than the TL's but in person I did not notice this difference.

fog bulbs.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202439.037156.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202293.014355.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435202274.774494.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435172884.033133.jpg

Top Bottom