Head light flicker...

bonedaddy

I just hit 6k and my headlights flicker all the time. You can see it at idle in the driveway, sitting at a light but even better while driving... I know sitting while idle with accessories on will draw, but while driving I would think the alt would he charging and the lights wouldn't be flickering at all...

Anyone else have/had this issue?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If it was trucklites I would have an answer, never saw anyone have an issue with stock tho.

bonedaddy

i'm not one for posting prior to searching, so yeah the aftermarket posts are pretty much all that came up for me... oh an done guy having issues with every light flickering - mine just seems to be the headlights... does is with and without the fogs on too... just strange...

Overlander - if there are other posts on this I would appreciate some direction as to where I could find them? or if you know a better way to search I'm all ears my friend...

Thanks...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would also say hit a local auto parts store and have the alt checked, or grab a multimeter and make sure its charging correctly. I think they can test with it in the jeep which wouldnt hurt since its free and would prolly be less hassle than the dealer.

Is it just the headlights, or fogs as well?

bonedaddy

You know I have checked the lights without the fogs, but never vise versa. .. I will check tomorrow when I leave for work since its 4:30am its pretty dark...

bonedaddy

So it doesn't seem to do it with just the fogs on...

So it does flicker with just the headlights on but once I turn the fogs on too it gets worse... doesn't seem to be effecting the interior lights as all...

jeeeep

Hooked
sounds like you may have a wire corrosion issue, check the connectors and wires for possible nicks in the cables, you may also have a partially blown fuse or partially broken filament in the headlamp.
more things to check out

Top Bottom