EVO DTD Remote Reservoir Hose Damage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let everyone who has an EVO Double Throw Down to keep an eye on your remote reservoir hoses especially if the reservoir is mounted on the frame rail underneath the rear quarter panels. This is where we have ours mounted on Rubicat and where I recently found one of mine to be leaking from.
main.php

main.php

After getting back home and cleaning things up, I would come to find that the hose had worn all the way through from the body rubbing against it. The crazy thing is, the body sits a whole 1/8" or so away from the hose. Of course, being that the JK has true body mounts in that they're isolators, the body has clearly been moving up and down enough to chafe its way through the hose. Here's a close up shot of what and where I'm talking about.
IMG_1467.jpg

Here's a better shot of the damaged hose that I took after pulling the coil over off of Rubicat.
IMG_1475.jpg

I checked the driver side to see if the same thing was happening and can tell you that I just caught it in the nick of time. Unfortunately, unless you have the means to rebuild and/or repair your own coil overs, you would need to send yours into King to have the hose replaced, shock refilled and charged. That can leave you without a drivable Jeep for a few weeks. Fortunately, I do have the means and the knowhow and so I'm back up and running again and with a minimal amount of down time.
IMG_1485.jpg

For now, I have just moved my reservoirs up and have them secured in place using just the one hose clamp. I will more than likely weld on a new mount or look into relocating the reservoirs when I have a chance.
IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Again, I just wanted to give those of you with this setup a heads up so that you can prevent a potential problem BEFORE it really is a problem.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm soooo lucky I don't have have DTD. Knew it would be nothing but problems really. LOL. :crazyeyes::cheesy:

Will you be finding a new mounting location or just be keeping a closer eye on things in the future? Glad you were able to fix it though. Your set up is pretty cool and obviously you have space for it. :thumb:

Edit: you added the fix, nevermind. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Yeah, you wouldn't want my problems :cheesy:

I just added a few more pics to show what I did for now. I will look into my options once I have more time on my hands. :yup:

linehand08

Yea we ran my bypass hose up and over the coil over and to the center of the suspension cage and its wearing the hose out fast because the coil is pinching it so I've gotta find a new spot for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom