Install Help on EVO Rock Sliders!!

Hey Everyone,

I'm thrilled to be getting some sliders burned on this afternoon, but I need to get some feedback from those of you that have them installed. I got the custom angle sliders so my wife and girls can use them as a step. The instructions say to place them at least a half inch away from the body. Obviously that's to keep the body from making contact as it flexes on the mounts, but it looks like the mounting tabs will actually hang down below the frame about a half inch when they are placed according to instructions. Has anyone else encountered this?

Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, I posted here first because I always get great information, but then I realized that I should just give EVO a call. They answered my question right away. Sounds like that is out of the norm for that to happen, but recommended that I make sure to leave at least a thumb's width gap in between the rail and the pinch seam and give the mounting tab a grind if needed. I'll follow up with pictures soon!

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Everyone,

I'm thrilled to be getting some sliders burned on this afternoon, but I need to get some feedback from those of you that have them installed. I got the custom angle sliders so my wife and girls can use them as a step. The instructions say to place them at least a half inch away from the body. Obviously that's to keep the body from making contact as it flexes on the mounts, but it looks like the mounting tabs will actually hang down below the frame about a half inch when they are placed according to instructions. Has anyone else encountered this?

Please advise. Thanks!

Congrats on the sliders. I took mine to a local welder to burn them on. We used 1/2"-3/4" square tube to to keep the spacing consistent along the pinch seem. The tabs were just at the bottom but enough space to get a bead around them still. I think once you actually clamp the sliders flush to the frame rail, you'll find there is just enough room. At least this was my experience.

Congrats on the sliders. I took mine to a local welder to burn them on. We used 1/2"-3/4" square tube to to keep the spacing consistent along the pinch seem. The tabs were just at the bottom but enough space to get a bead around them still. I think once you actually clamp the sliders flush to the frame rail, you'll find there is just enough room. At least this was my experience.

Thanks! A buddy has a body shop and when I took it in to have some trail damage taken care of, he offered to put on the skins, sliders, and gussets at the same time. I just went by there to take a look at how he had them set. I think he probably could have moved them just a little bit closer, but played it safe with a full thumb's width from the body and is just going to grind down the bottom edge of the mounting tab. Man does it look awesome though. There is some welding to finishing up in the morning, but I'll have my jeep back tomorrow!

Top Bottom