Roll cage threaded Nuts??

indobos72

I just went through the manual and could not find this. I was checking out where to mount things in the JKUR and I noticed on the rear roll bar. The rear angled section on the underside has under the roll cage cover an opening in the fabric. Beneath the fabric are two threaded nuts or whatever into the roll bar. Can anyone identify what these are for? There are two of them on either side and I am wondering if this is a connecting point for the soft top. But I was thinking I would use this for the fire extinguisher mount. Anyone have any ideas on what this is there for?

Thanks

Sharkey

Word Ninja
On a JKU, there are also threaded nuts on the flat rectangular cross bar in the back. I attached climbing anchors there and used it as a hammock attachment point.

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

On a JKU, there are also threaded nuts on the flat rectangular cross bar in the back. I attached climbing anchors there and used it as a hammock attachment point.

In knew I got that idea from someone! Thanks for the great idea. I use the anchors I installed all the time!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol. No worries. I loved them. Perfect for a hammock and sometimes you don't want bags laying down and bouncing around.

BlacknRedJK

Thread revival....

Anyone happen to know the thread count and size of this mounting point? I want to follow Sharkey's lead with the climbing anchor

Top Bottom