Poison Spyder BFH front bumper

Spudcannons

I found a sweet deal on a PS BFH front bumper 200 down for 475 brand new. I would love to pick this up but it requires cutting the front frame rails. Has anyone chopped the rails down for a bumper? If I want to switch it out later can I weld them back on to fit a different bumper? Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would pass for that very reason. But your choice, if you like it, grab it.

Agreed. The frame rails are designed to function as crumple zones. I have seen them after a crash and they do their job well. There's a lot I'm willing to cut but the frame rails at this point and potentially compromise their effectiveness isn't one of them. Of course, that's just me.

xflstl

I found a sweet deal on a PS BFH front bumper 200 down for 475 brand new. I would love to pick this up but it requires cutting the front frame rails. Has anyone chopped the rails down for a bumper? If I want to switch it out later can I weld them back on to fit a different bumper? Thanks

I've cut and installed two of them, I'm sure you could revert back to another bumper but it would not be simple. If you think you might ever switch back better not to go there in the 1st place.

SFNick

I don't see any reason why you couldn't weld the front frame rails back on if you decided to go back to stock. I chopped mine off & installed a BFH luckily I haven't had to test it in a crash yet. Some of the crumple zones are behind were you will cut but I'm sure the BFH does affect the way the are designed to work.

Big b

Is that the trail stinger or comp? I was thinking of getting one with the trail stinger. Do you have any pics?

Grubbs has the comp. He has lots of pics on his build thread.
I have the trail and love it. I need to get a Warn mounted though.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434040320.250064.jpg

Big b

That looks real nice. It loos like your tires would eat your fenders when disconnected, any clearance issues?

Yeah it rubs a little. I could add a little more bumpstop and get rid of it, but I plan on installing different fenders soon.

BlackRubiJKU

I bought the BFH front and rear for my Jeep. I took it to a weld shop, and had the crash bar removed. Once I saw how much cutting and grinding it took JUST to remove the crash bar, I decided to sell them both. I had a front and rear, brand new, freshly powder coated, and sold them. Also, with the rear, you not only have to cut the frame, but also the crossmember that the hitch receiver bolts to.

I think bought the EVO quarter pounder with stinger, and sold it because it weighs 145 pounds without a winch.

Now I have the GenRight FUSION, and love it.

Logan1982

BlackRubiJKU can you post pics of the front and rear bumper. I'm thinking of purchasing them as well but just want to see how it looks. Thanks

Top Bottom